Fisker Buzz Forums banner
201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now why didn't Karma just do that??

I would think @FiskerPhilly would be happy to pay you to take them off his hands.

During the most recent Karma event in Los Gatos, one of the Karma reps told us that they are looking for a company to refurbish the CIUs, which sounded like a great idea. Does not seem like they made a lot of progress.
Yeah, that's odd they didn't move forward with that. While some may be trash, at the very least they could harvest the good parts and use those to restore more CIUs.

Also, if anyone has a dead one laying around, I've had an idea for a capacitive touchscreen that could be cool if it works. Was going to do this on mine, but didnt have a mockup unit for test fits.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes we have 3 prototypes built and are testing currently. Invites have been sent via our mailing list to beta testers.

The manufacturer has communicated to us that they are coming out with an updated unit, that will allow for Carplay and Android Auto. It is likely we will do final production testing with that version.
So, what ever happened to this CIU replacement thread? It seems like eventually well run out of replacement options and have to do something like this?

201 - 203 of 203 Posts