Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice now, and I plain don't like it!

Last October I updated my software to the latest... no idea what version, but it shows a white background in the day and black at night, so whatever that tells you.

A couple of months ago, I was driving along happily, then I heard a "pop" (in the speakers, I think) followed by the infotainment screen going to solid white. Engine ran fine and no other problems, I just couldn't do anything.

Got home, plugged it in, next day... Fisker logo comes on, but no "Agree" button.

Drove around all day, came home, plugged it in, next day... everything is normal.

Then yesterday, the same thing happened! A pop, followed by a white screen, then later, the Fisker logo with no "Agree". Then even later, everything is normal.

That "pop" makes me think that a wire is loose somewhere and grounding out, which is different from just a random software glitch that can be ignored. But that sucks, since the nearest guy that can work on it is a 10-hour (+/-) drive away.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I think your CIU is on it's why out by any chance have you driven the car in the rain or washed the car lately using a car wash

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh, man, that would be worst-case-scenario! I can't imagine that's covered by anything, and can't possibly be a cheap fix.

Anybody looking to buy a Fisker Karma?

Thinking... no, I haven't gone through a car wash in a few months. I did hose it off about 2 weeks ago at a car wash, just using high-pressure soap and a rinse, but nothing too recent. I can't remember having it in the rain recently, either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it could be worse... I think replacing the muffler was about the same price. Kinda sucks that I already have $10k in repairs, though, and just now hit 26,000 miles.

The worst part is the logistics of getting it to a mechanic. Is it even operational without a CIU? If so it's an 11-hour drive to the nearest mechanic... if not, it's a $1,000 haul :'-(

I was only half joking about selling it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts