Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Information about charging

9K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Fabulist 
Charging & Fan Issues

Thanks for the info! I can definitely attest to the first issue.

Last night I got out of the car. Locked it and plugged it in.
The engine fan was still running. I came and checked on it a few hours later and the engine fan was still running!

I unplugged the charger and the engine fan turned off almost immediately. I plugged the charge back in and it continued to charge happily.
Musique,

Here is how I do it: As I pull into my driveway, I tap the OFF button for the Climate control. This turns the A/C off (and the fan) and immediately after parking in my garage I can 'Plug In" with no fan issue. Dealer told me about this 6 months ago.

No idea if there is any plans in the works but I find no reason why you can't have an electrician install a timer either 220 or 110 I have one on my pool pump and that works on 220 . I would also like to mention don't use a GFI outlet and if you use an outdoor outlet make sure it's one of those enclosed type boxes
To take advantage of TOU rates, what about a simple heavy duty wall timer. I have hesitated as the cable on my Plug In cord has a message to "Unplug Karma first, then Power on wall and reverse that for plugging in. The timer would be simply cutting power to the cable. Anyone using this method successfully w/o issues?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.