Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official now, I have a website. Not too much up there, just a general site that anyone can reference and contact me through. Thanks to everyone here for their continued support.

www.fixthekarma.com

There's a few things still in the works, and I may have more announcements soon in the future. As always, the Fiskerbuzz community will be hearing about it first.

I'm always available for any general questions or just want to pick my brain about how the car works.

Thanks again for helping make this happen!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lormax, all the best - you have been fantastic helping us all here and I hope you'll still be racking up those frequent flier miles and busy servicing our Karma's when you are old. Sure hope mine is still driving by then ! Thanks again for all you do here.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Awesome. Best of luck. I know you have the knowledge. I hope you can cash in on it, putting it to good use for your Karma clients.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lormax,
Just want to say hi and wish you all the best. I met with boholm who had nothing but the best to say about you and your assistance. I hope I don't need it but if I do I'm gonna come a calling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an appointment with Lormax in two weeks to fix some things for me. He has done work on my Karma before. Great tech. Can't recommend high enough. Knows his stuff. Bravo Zulu!

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
You need to locate an east partner - john, I don't know his last name, be he is the head mechanic at ted britt would be a great affiliate to your endevour - I'll try to get his contact info for you if you are interested.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Although I have not needed hands on service from Lormax, I have spoken to him several times via phone, text and email and he is the utmost professional. He returns calls almost immediately (if I have to leave a message ) and has always known the solution. He has integrity and will tell you if he can't take care of the issue. More importantly, he should be rewarded for the valuable free services he has provided us since this site was started and this masterpiece his the streets. He could have charged for all of the advice he has given but did not and I am hopeful that he will find a niche servicing Karmas that will allow him to take care of his family and remain a part of the Karma Family

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's great to know there is someone out there to help us keep our cars running. Thanks again for your advice. Hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Travis, aka Lormax, is the real deal. I wont pile-on with repeating everything that has already been said except to say Good Luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lormax,
Good luck with your new web site and thanks for posting, it's good to know someone is out there to support these great cars if and when they need some TLC.

Cheers!
Karnut
Signature series #94

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Travis has you covered for sure unlike Travis I still have a job . Travis and I text back and forth all the time and speak fairly often. With me still working at a dealer and Travis starting his own business I still can provide him with dealer support .

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I said there'd be announcements in the future and I have one already. I've been able to source the replacement clip for the RDM, but only one. I'll be working with a local manufacturer that will take the measurements and produce more. This will allow those problem RDM's to be rebuilt as long as it's found before it's too late.

More things in the works, I hope to have some more news sometime next week.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Harleyguy and Travis you guys are the best and I feel so good that we have both of you guys around to help support us. I have the pleaser of talking to Travis on the phone a few times and man he knows his stuff. Can't say that I have talked to Harleyguy but have PM a few times as well and he's an other guy on point.

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

It's come to my attention from an ex Fisker employee about a field re-work that never made it to the dealers (at least not to Orange County). There's a hose clamp near the top of the engine that has one of the two ends facing upwards, straight into a wiring harness bundle. Over time, Fisker HQ found that due to vibration, the hose clamp will wear through the bundle then into the wires, causing all kinds of problems.

The fix is simple and can be done at home. The hose clamp simply needs to be turned over so the clamp points face away from the wiring bundle. Personally, I'm turning the clamp points towards the engine itself so that I can access them again easily in the future if I have to, though you can also twist it around so they face downwards as well. I'm now doing this on every car I encounter at no charge if I'm doing some other service on the car.

The first picture is taken from the passenger side of the vehicle. The red circled area is where the hose clamp is. The 2 green circles are the 2 bolts that need to be taken off to remove the crossbar that's in the way. On earlier cars, especially Signature Series, these two bolts will look different.

These next 2 pictures show the hose clamp itself if you don't move anything else.

The wiring bundle wrapped in the silver tape is what gets damaged, which is the low voltage signals going into the inverter for the generator. Once the crossbar is out of the way, you can use your hand to move the wiring aside and with a pair of pliers, squeeze the two hose clamp points together and twist. It should move pretty easily. Once it's twisted so the points can't rub on the wiring bundle, put the bundle back in its place, bolt down the crossbar again and you're finished.

If you have ANY questions on how to do this, PM me.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't recall ever seeing a torque spec for them either. Reasonably tight sounds like a fair guess.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts