Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals, I've been asked by two of my clients both interested in selling their karmas. Neither is selling for any particular reason. I've been the only person to touch both of these cars since new, all recalls and upgrades done by me. (Prices are set at what minimum I told the owners I could get, so no haggle)
heres the skinny on the 2 cars--
1) Deep ocean blue diamond dust, monsoon tritone interior. 10,000 miles VIN in the 800s. Ive replaced the RDM and both traction motors about 5k ago. Also just did the ICE/GEN coupler for misfire issue. Also has 3m clearbra kit. $63k

2) Desirable eclipse black on black. 6000 miles VIN in the 1800s has newer motors. All services and updates done by me since new. I know this woman very well, car babied for sure. Just came back from our Ferrari paint shop with $11000 paint job (got scratched outside her shore home). Car is perfect in and out. $65k.

As I know these cars I will certainly stand behind them for whomever buys them and gladly service them. I can go somewhat above and beyond the standard warranty you will get from FA.
PM me with any questions. I dont have a full array of pics yet but can send you a couple. As I've always said, pics dont do a Karma as much justice as seeing in person.

·
Registered
5 Posts
question about price

you seem like an expert so wanted to ask why you think about $60k is right price? looking to buy myself. I am in California so your cars would not work obviously. There seems to be a lot of Karma's out there at the 50-60K price range that are not selling. My biggest concern is the battery and the lack of body parts. Not trying to haggle. Just want to get your perspective. thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple for me. I stand behind these cars and if something major (like an hv battery) were to have an issue, I'd take care of it or at very least minimize the cost. Bottom line its piece of mind knowing you have "a guy" to service it. You're correct about the cars sitting. People are fearful of exactly that. Cost to repair and lack of available service. I eliminate that fear for the most part and that does have a cost that factors into the price of a car.
good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
282 Posts
If I was buying a Karma in North America right now it would be from Fisker Philly. A new owner needs the reassurance of the "providence" and the back stop on the other side of the purchase. Trust me, I am from the Toronto experience with no paddle!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Maybe if they have another brutal winter, we can talk Fisker Philly into changing his name to Fisker Cali??

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hurry up. My client with the blk/blk car is trading it in on an Audi. Im pretty sure shed take offers in the low50s!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats been an issue. Typically they just look at what they bring at auctions and base from that with absolutely no consideration for ugrades, vin/build date, newer rdm or battery. Its just another bull at the cattle auction to a dealer. Shame but I'm pretty sure they're only giving her 40s for it. Shes buying an A3 for her daughter as a grad gift and she eluded it'll be even up...:( I wouldve loved to put someone in that car, it was one of my pampered children since birth lol

But too late now this ones off the market she called me today to say shes taking it monday, wants to come pick it up and say farewells to me sadly

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Yep thats it.
I am surprised that the seller chose to post photos with the diagnostic icon showing a fault detected. It's probably a routine issue, such as low windshield washer fluid, but still it may put buyers off, especially the ones that know something about the car. And it shows up in both cars' listings.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I would never post pics of that lol. She traded the car in last week and its now with a wholesaler so God only knows what they've done to cause a light. It was off when she picked it up from my showroom.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That was a great deal for the black car - it is a shame that someone didn't buy it here - there seems to be enough people here saying they are in the market for one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the system icon is red, does that mean there is an issue??...almost every karma listed for sale with pictures showing the display has that system icon red....just curious....thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
If the system icon is red, does that mean there is an issue??...almost every karma listed for sale with pictures showing the display has that system icon red....just curious....thanks
Always thought of it more as orange than red, but yes, the color indicates that there's something that wants some sort of attention. It could simply be a tire pressure monitor reporting low pressure, or (as I get sometimes) a turn signal sensor thinking that the bulb is out (it's not, I just have to flash that turn signal again and it recovers), but something is reporting an unusual status. Go to the System screen and select Diagnostics to see what.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you're considering a new Karma, I'd def buy this off FiskerPhilly. I bought my car through Chip and Joe has serviced mine out of warranty. I've met them both, and genuine love for the cars and great people!

Such a tempting offer, even as a current Karma owner...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thx Katie, they're actually both gone now, fallen victim to a trade in. The deep ocean car which I just replaced the VCM and 2 remotes along with CIU and reseal is now headed to a Land Rover dealer in Jersey. Keep your eyes on ebay in a couple weeks...this is a good pick up for someone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts