Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Karma for over one year and I'm looking for ideas to get its annual maintenance. As all the guys in NOVA know Ted Britt abandoned the owners they sold to so I'm hesitant to call them, although I know they's probably do it.

Does anyone have a good solution to getting her looked at?? I know there must be at least two or three other owners in the area that must be running into the same issue about now.

Thanks.
-jeff

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had my Karma for over one year and I'm looking for ideas to get its annual maintenance. As all the guys in NOVA know Ted Britt abandoned the owners they sold to so I'm hesitant to call them, although I know they's probably do it.

Does anyone have a good solution to getting her looked at?? I know there must be at least two or three other owners in the area that must be running into the same issue about now.

Thanks.
-jeff
I agree Jeff with the DMV (DC MD VA) there has to be a viable option for us. There is always pooling resources and flying Lormax here for 2 to 3days. We need at least 7 karma owners in a pool to generate enough service work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Forgive me, I don't have a clue as to driving times when it comes to the east coast. A trip to Jersey is being planned. How far is that from you guys?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree Jeff with the DMV (DC MD VA) there has to be a viable option for us. There is always pooling resources and flying Lormax here for 2 to 3days. We need at least 7 karma owners in a pool to generate enough service work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'd open up my house for Lormax to stay for free if that would reduce the costs. I also know a couple of global travelers that might give up some sky miles to get him here for pretty much free. I've read some of his threads and I'd love to have him look at my Karma to determine what issues I might have that I have no clue about.

Let's hope other DMV owners see this thread and speak up.

Thanks for the reply.
-jeff

·
Registered
144 Posts
Forgive me, I don't have a clue as to driving times when it comes to the east coast. A trip to Jersey is being planned. How far is that from you guys?
From northern VA 4 hours depending on traffic on 495-I95
From Maryland 3 hours depending on traffic on I95.
But it also depends on what part of New Jersey it is in the state is very large with alot of areas. Do you have a zipcode?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depending on how you go you might need to drive through NOVA to get to Jersey. Jersey is about two hours from here depending on what exit on the turnpike you are going to.

-jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From northern VA 4 hours depending on traffic on 495-I95
From Maryland 3 hours depending on traffic on I95.
But it also depends on what part of New Jersey it is in the state is very large with alot of areas. Do you have a zipcode?
Now that I think about it McG I think your times are a little more accurate than mine. I'm awful at guesstimating times....

Thanks.
-jeff

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd be heading into Sewell, NJ. There will be a lift there for my use, so makes it very convenient to get work done on the cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So true unless its Newark right before the bridge to NY.
Looks like Sewell is right outside Philly which is about 2.5 hours from DC. Looks like Lormax might go through Baltimore to get there. That's pretty close.

Lormax what time frame are you swinging by NJ??

We could talk routes and see if you are closer if you don't mind a small detour.

-jeff

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Oh, I'm not driving, I'm flying over from California. There's still a bit of planning to be done, but late Sept or into Oct is about right.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I'm not driving, I'm flying over from California. There's still a bit of planning to be done, but late Sept or into Oct is about right.
Flying is much better. Keep us filled in. Might be some logistics but I think there are a couple of ways to get you to service a couple of more Karmas if you are up to it.

-jeff

·
Registered
272 Posts
08080. Sewell NJ. Use to keep my boat in Inner Harbor. No more the. 2 hours. I have also invited Loxman to say at my house for free to help reduce cost.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Early Adopter
1,257 Posts
I'd pool my service cost with you guys. My car has 3k miles and I've owned it since march 2012.

There are no lifts in the area to rent, so we'll have to figure that out - any owners have access to a lift?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd pool my service cost with you guys. My car has 3k miles and I've owned it since march 2012.

There are no lifts in the area to rent, so we'll have to figure that out - any owners have access to a lift?
I sent an email to our NOVA "list" about this. I get a little confused on forum name to email, but you were on it.

-jeff

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Emails have been sent out for the New Jersey/Northern Virginia area trip to everyone that PM'ed me their email address. If you're in the area and would like to be included, please PM your email address and I'll forward you the information. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts