Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Winter has reached sweden and I discovered something weird with my Karma. I just don´t get ice on the outside of the wind shields, I also get quite a lot on the inside. It goes without saying that this is only an issue with my Karma, not my other cars. Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thx for any help.

Br Henrik

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Maybe the side window seals are leaking air? Do you hear a lot of wind noise when drive the car?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't quite thought about it, but in eastern United States (mountain area, cold but not Sweden) my windshield fogs up on the inside to a ridiculous degree. No ice, just fog. And the defrost rarely gets rid of it, so I end up pulling over and just sitting for 15 or 20 minutes for it to figure itself out.

That could be related to the OP's issue, I'm not sure. To answer Fabulist's question, though, my car is pretty quiet (no wind noise or anything).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the replies. I do not hear any noice coming from the windows (more than on any 2012 or newer car) so I would assume that they are not leaking. I realized that I have it on my 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV but to a milder degree. Perhaps it´s pure physics/chemestry

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You need to make sure the vents are working . When you set it to face make sure it's coming out from the face . If you set it to face and it still comes out the defroster vents the HVAC unit has failed .

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you go into the car, you bring humidity with you. Snow on shoes and water on clothes. Try to de-humidify the air in the car. Either with a box with crystals, or a machine. That will suck the moist out of the air, and you wont get ice on the inside of windshield and windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts