Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it happened second time to me today that after starting the car the ICE started even I had over 50 miles range left on my battery. I stopped the car twice, switched it of and restarted but the ICE immediately started too again. Not to bad because I was abel to drive the car anyway but wondering if somebody knows how to force the engine to shut down.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's designed to start on its own now and then. It's doing it's EVAP monitor test. Shutting the car off like you did interrupted the test, forcing it to start all over again next time you turned on the car. Just let it do its thing, it'll shut back off on its own.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
It is possable that you have a EVAP valve that is going bad or is bad if the ICE continues to start up when in stealth after it's completed its test cycle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello 'Glückliches Kaninchen oder Hase' - did you by any chance accidentally open the fuel filler door? That will trigger the EVAP cycle - it happened to me and startled the beejesus out of me, but than I read somewhere on here that's by design - not the startling bit, the engine starting that is :blush:

·
Registered
888 Posts
To me, it also Happens quite often, when I'm low on fuel...

As long as I know, that I will drive within my battery range, I'm driving around with only some spare liters of gas... I save at least carrying around some 20 to 30kg...

As soon, as I'm in the area of 1/2 of the red fuel warning, it more often starts the ICE... Sometimes only for some seconds...

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My car had a leaky EVAP valve that caused the car to start every couple of days regardless of the EV battery charge level. Eventually, the valve failed completely and the ICE would start each time I started the car, even after a short drive. I was also getting a lot of CEL/MIL lights with the code P04EF. It finally bothered me enough that I sourced a new valve from our own @Lormax and had my local guys install it for me. That fixed it permanently.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all for feedback and @Harleguy I will come back to your offer if it happens again

·
Registered
272 Posts
I replaced my evap value a few months ago the only time my ice comes on now it's when I refuel or when my range goes down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
272 Posts
The cost of the evap is about 35 bucks the problem is getting to it. You have to remove the rear bumper and get your hand way up toward the gas tank.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts