Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was heading toward downtown Pittsburgh PA on route 279 south.
What a beatuiful sight to see; of course it was in the passing lane.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just took my first long distance trip. East end of Long Island to Lenox Mass. All on ICE, had to overcome my anxiety about losing MPG and going below 100. It was worth it. Got more thumbs up than any other time since I owned it.
Leaving, Tanglewood in bumper to bumper traffic, guy in car next to me hangs out window taking pictures. Finally gets out of car, steps in front of mine, and starts shooting away. Knew all about Fisker but never saw one. Sort of like having sex for the first time????
Trip was great, but last day made wide uturn and hit front right bumper pretty hard against curb, pushed it to within 1/8" of tire. Haven't been to body shop yet, but worried that this is not going to be repairable. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mikey- as I read your post I was so jacked about your experience and it reinforced my love for my car and how lucky those of us are to have jumped in to this beta test. then i read the last sentence and almost cra--ed my pants and was so bummed that something like that happened. No I cannot help but my thoughts and condolences are with you in this time of need. Godspeed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mikey 43, I think you're options at this point are:
1.) Duct tape.
2.) Find a replacement bumper online/auction, then trust a body shop to fix/paint.
3.) Contact Karmaman on this site, word is that he can work some fiberglass...

Deepest sympathy...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just picked my car up from the body shop. Repaired it for $200.00. Looks like new.
Got lucky on this one. Have to remember to be extra careful near curbs. They are not Karma friendly.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mikey,

That was a fast (and inexpensive) repair! What did they do to fix it so seamlessly? I'm sure a lot of owners would love to know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Took bumper off---heated it to make it maleable then repaired the support strut underneath--got matching touch up paint from their wholesaler. He said it was not a perfect job, but I cannot tell that it was repaired; Whew!!! Never thought it would happen. Would have paid $1m if he said that was the price, and this was in the Hamptons none the less. Owner of the body shop is sponsoring a Classic Car show in the Hamptons on 9/7--wants me to enter the car, said he never had so many positive comments about any car in his shop.

I will never make a full U turn again, going to Skip Barbera to relearn "K" turns.

Also, he is putting on new front tires which are pretty worn (7k miles). $175 apiece plus installation. Same price as Tirerack.com where he gets dealer discount.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Are you sure they are actually worn enough to need replacement? That's really low miles for tire replacement

·
Registered
261 Posts
they still have center tread but no outside tread on either front tire

·
320 Posts
they still have center tread but no outside tread on either front tire

Its normal for the outside tread to wear out at about 5K miles. It's supposed to do that. The inner treads last 10-20k. There's no reason to buy new tires just for the outer tread wear.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Exactly what Eric Karma just said. Fisker released a bulletin on this as well. Do I have your email address? If I don't, shoot it over to me in a PM. I can get you that bulletin.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Especially in Miami on a downpour. However the car is heavy and does an O.K job at reduced speed
The slow wiper speed is another issue.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts