Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you securely mount the rear license plate?

I have only 2 holes directly into the fiber glass bumper fascia. The screws I have just spin, never tight. I bought a license plate kit from the auto parts store, but he said I would have to dremel the round hole to make it square to put in the square plastic insert to secure the screw. I'd prefer not do any cutting.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That kind of threw me when I first got the car too - there's really no ready-made spot to attach to, and I think I had 2 screws right into the fascia also - not pretty. Rather than cutting more holes, you might want to look into other hardware, like a butterfly screw (google it), which would guarantee that plate isn't going anywhere.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That kind of threw me when I first got the car too - there's really no ready-made spot to attach to, and I think I had 2 screws right into the fascia also - not pretty. Rather than cutting more holes, you might want to look into other hardware, like a butterfly screw (google it), which would guarantee that plate isn't going anywhere.
I was actually thinking of using that instead. I was just wondering what everyone else does/did?

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up using #8 dry wall locking screw and anchor. I pushed the anchor in the hole and hopefully it stays!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts