Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning from Barcelona (Spain)

I´m absolutely fascinated with Fisker Karma. The point is that my heart says me "buy it" but following my head says "bad idea" because there are a lot of points against:

-This company is in Bankruptcy
-There is no oficial seller in my country

However, I´ve seen some interesting offers in europe and I will be in dispossition to import it to home.

I´m really afraid about the maintenance and technical repair because I dont know if it does exist in my country or near it.

After reading the news it seems that the company is going to be reactivated but .... who knows?.

Well, a lot of doubts waiting for your help, specially the europe owners.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
829 Posts
Your news is a little out of date. I would defer to the owners who are in Europe for how easy/tough it is to find a CSP (Certified Service Provider) near Spain. But, Karma Automotive (the renamed Fisker Automotive bought out of bankruptcy) exists, and is supporting CSP's worldwide now with parts & even (coming soon, supposedly) a new extended warranty. They are also planning to sell new Karmas at the end of this year. Go visit:

http://www.karmaautomotive.com/

This site would also help you learn where your nearest CSP is.

There's a lot to learn on how to make sure any Karma you might buy has had all the right maintenance to make up for the shortcomings of a limited production run before Fisker went down. Read these forums carefully, and you'll learn everything you need to. If you can find a good Karma, you'll get a seriously great car with low miles for half the sticker price, and you'll love it. Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would also suggest checking out the various You Tube videos. They ere very helpful to me in making my leap of faith decision to join the family of owners.

·
Registered
211 Posts
MIKER, this is the type of car where you can't do too much analysis and logic seeking. It is a leap of faith and yes, some of these cars can be troublesome and some are not. It can be the luck of the draw. If you like the car go for it, but beware, there may and will be some expensive repairs awaiting you at some point (for sure) and the car is not like any other car in the way it behaves. It is not something you can just give your keys to your wife and say have a nice day darling. I love my Fisker but I am a tech savvy engineer who has encountered many issues with the car and who has solved them himself or repairs would have been very expensive indeed. If you want a more sure way of ensuring a reliable and trouble free or worry free motoring, then buy a Tesla who have a dealer network literally everywhere and are super excellent at client support, etc. If on the other hand, you want the true passion of owning a unique piece of automotive history and not something like the Tesla where they are becoming like Kia's because there are too many of them, and love the looks of the Fisker, then buy one, but don't try to apply logic to it as logic will tell you not to buy it. I tried applying logic to my purchase and it took one minute to decide not to buy it according to logic, but my heart told me to buy it so I did. And, I love the darn thing! The Tesla model S is like an over exaggerated wider Kia Optima.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts