Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the happy NEW owner of Laguna Blue Fisker Karma, YES!!! I had the car shipped, enclosed, from San Jose to Atlanta. The car arrived and I changed the time setting, but the GPS thinks I am in San Jose no matter what I do. Today it thought I was driving in the Pacific ocean :confused:

I have tried driving with the Nav on.
Setting destinations.
Looking for a setting to change zones

How do I get the GPS to realize where we are sitting? (530 update)

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Karma's prefer to be in California but if you must.... I guess Atlanta is not a bad compromise :) Try a hard reset (pulling the 12V) for about 10 mins and see where that leaves you.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You have to look closely at the bottom left corner of the screen when entering the destination. Written in black text in the almost black background you will see the word "STATE" press that and you can change the state. It's bear impossible to see but it's there, bottom left

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
You have to look closely at the bottom left corner of the screen when entering the destination. Written in black text in the almost black background you will see the word "STATE" press that and you can change the state. It's bear impossible to see but it's there, bottom left

That is not going to help the current location :) Coordinates should determinate that. Something got gummed up

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That just allowed me to choose the state I want to go to. It didn't work. It just said SJ to Atlanta route like it has since I got it.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
GPS does not generally do very well when you turn it off and move it thousands of miles away and turn it back on again. It always starts by looking at your last location to check for satellites and if you have moved the receiver more than a few hundred miles, it can't find the correct satellites and will have to do a sky survey to figure out the satellites to listen for, which could take a very long time. Every time I travel to a new location with my portable Garmin receiver, I have to tell it roughly where I am, usually by selecting the nearest town on the internal database, before it can lock on the right satellites. The alternative is to go through a set of batteries while it listens for all 24 satellites, one at a time, until it figures out which ones are overhead at the new location.

I would suggest doing a hard reset to wipe out the last location and then leave the car where it can receive signals, outside under the sky, and leave it in accessory mode with the NAV turned on to let it figure out where it is to give the GPS receiver plenty of time to find the correct satellites for your location. You only have to do this once. After that, the GPS receiver should be able to locate the correct satellites and lock on very quickly.

Good Luck.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest doing a hard reset to wipe out the last location and then leave the car where it can receive signals, outside under the sky, and leave it in accessory mode with the NAV turned on to let it figure out where it is to give the GPS receiver plenty of time to find the correct satellites for your location. You only have to do this once. After that, the GPS receiver should be able to locate the correct satellites and lock on very quickly.

Good Luck.
How do I do a hard reset? (steps and location)

By Accessory mode do you mean Aux (pressing the start button with my foot OFF the brake)?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
How do I do a hard reset? (steps and location)

By Accessory mode do you mean Aux (pressing the start button with my foot OFF the brake)?

You can search for "Hard Reset" in the forums to get more information about what that is, and does. I will also PM you a link to a video that may be helpful.

You can do it either way. If the car is in a safe place, you can turn it on and leave it unattended while the GPS is acquiring. If not, push the start button without holding down the brake, turn on the NAV screen, and then lock the car and let it acquire.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to change the state as mentioned above
That you @Harleyguy & @FiskerPhilly! I guess that did work. I saw this post come in and I thought well 2 CSPs just told me to hit STATE and you guys should know what you are talking about. Sure enough, I turn on the car and click NAV and it says the right place. State must have worked after I did it or it just figured it out. Eitherway, very helpful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts