Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this email yesterday from an independent company that is offering support for the Karma. In case you have not received this email directly, I am posting it here as a public service. I am delighted that we have this option available now and I wish them great success

Dear Karma owner,
You may feel abandoned by Fisker Automotive but we are here to help you with the continued operation of your Karma. Warranty and Technical Support no longer exist as previously supplied by Fisker Automotive. Any anxiety of the future health and enjoyment of the Karma will be alleviated as a member of the Hybrid Support Solutions (HSS) Team.

Hybrid Support Solutions is offering technical support, vehicle improvements, and parts sourcing. We are the complete service solution for your Karma. Our organization was founded by the passion that all of us have for the Fisker Karma.

We are the original support and technical service team from the manufacturer. We have put many long hours and effort supporting this exceptional vehicle, and we endeavour to continue with this piece of automotive and design history.
Along with other Karma owners’ support and enrolment, the strength of the organization will be able to ramp up new parts supply and engineer new field fixes. HSS will also work on new features and future improvements to allow for the untapped power and handling prowess to be enjoyed.

We welcome your inquiries and look forward to conversations concerning how we can support you going forward. Please visit us at to see all that we have to offer and contact us www.hybridsupportsolutions.com with any questions.

Best Regards,
The Hybrid Support Solutions Team
www.hybridsupportsolutions.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
147 Posts
I rec'd it as well, and my first thought was, "How did they get my info?" It's not that it bothered me, but I was curious. The site looks legit, and I especially liked the "Original and ONLY Karma support team" line. I did not register yet, but probably will. To be honest I was going to wait and see what everyone else here on the forum thought first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wonder if any of the 10 key people they say form the company are members of this group? Maybe some of the people of our forum who had ties with Fisker could verify the identity and authenticity of their claim. 4k seems like alot of $ for support services that some of our forum members have been more than willing to share for free.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My understanding is that the people at Hybrid Support Solutions are former employees of Fisker HQ which is how they got our names and addresses. They'd probably be a great resource for someone stuck in an area of the country with no access to mechanics who are Fisker trained. But I'd rather hire Lormax (or Harleyguy if I were in Florida). Lormax is extremely knowledgeable, comes to me and charges an extremely reasonable fee.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wonder if any of the 10 key people they say form the company are members of this group? Maybe some of the people of our forum who had ties with Fisker could verify the identity and authenticity of their claim. 4k seems like alot of $ for support services that some of our forum members have been more than willing to share for free.
Former employee checking in...

I can vouch for them. They are the guys that diagnose the cars dealership technicians had trouble with. And trust me, with this car, not an easy task.

There were very few people within the company who know how everything works on the Karma, including the engineers that designed the car. These guys have that knowledge (and fwiw, I'm talking more than how to program the easy exit/entry feature).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Former employee checking in...

I can vouch for them. They are the guys that diagnose the cars dealership technicians had trouble with. And trust me, with this car, not an easy task.

There were very few people within the company who know how everything works on the Karma, including the engineers that designed the car. These guys have that knowledge (and fwiw, I'm talking more than how to program the easy exit/entry feature).
Funny that you mention exit/entry feature. Mine never worked from day one. Would reset it, it would work once or twice, then go off. Finally gave up on it. Was this a common program error.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I can also vouch for them everyone that is involved with HSS I've worked with them on a dealer level and also had the pleasure meeting them when I went out to Fiskers HQ . I still speak too them when time permits .

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Funny that you mention exit/entry feature. Mine never worked from day one. Would reset it, it would work once or twice, then go off. Finally gave up on it. Was this a common program error.
What you need to do is reset the system program and name the key what ever name you like then setup the presets

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Personally I'm going to wait and see what shakes out with FA - $4K is a lot to drop prematurely. That said, if they had a car tricked out with some Performance Plus (nod to TSLA) package that could do 0-60mph in 4.5s, then I would consider paying for that specific upgrade...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fisker of Scottsdale (Penske) has terminated service of Karmas as of today. Took mine in for 10k service (which they are doing including scans) but after today, no more even at owner expense. But they have shelf loads of parts - not sure which ones but if someone needs something, you can try calling them to see if they would sell them. They told me that FA has been trying to sell their inventory of parts to dealers

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Personally I'm going to wait and see what shakes out with FA - $4K is a lot to drop prematurely. That said, if they had a car tricked out with some Performance Plus (nod to TSLA) package that could do 0-60mph in 4.5s, then I would consider paying for that specific upgrade...
Count me in!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just been in touch with them for serious problem that came up this afternoon. Car is inoperable for now. They returned my call within 5 minutes and are going to try to come up with a solution for me next week.

These guys are the real deal, but need big time help

·
Registered
261 Posts
See my new thread--"fisker died funeral 9am

Called these guys a couple of hours ago, and they called back in 5 minutes!!! Trying to come up with a viable solution for my problem, but I am glad they are in my corner, otherwise lost at sea.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Whoever merged the Hybrid Support Solutions thread into mine, please separate them. I am not associated with HSS. The person that I referenced in my first post is not part of HSS either. Please don't assume things without getting the whole story.

Edited to add: Sorry, that was me. I thought both threads were about the same company. I separated them back out again. Sorry for any confusion. Fab.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Are you referring to Hybrid Support Solutions? Also would be interested in performance enhancements to utilize the full 403hp of the Karma.
No, they are not associated with HSS. Purely independent/individual basis.

There are us East coast owner's that might need help as well at some point in the future - perhaps a 'service' date at a centralized location could allow multiple people to access the services of the technician and share costs.
That sounds great as well, I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just tried to register, but was surprised by the payment, that was due: $ 3950,00 for 15 months, as i recall. Sorry guys, not with me!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I just tried to register, but was surprised by the payment, that was due: $ 3950,00 for 15 months, as i recall. Sorry guys, not with me!!
Same here. I saw that $ and had to do a double-take. I've lost enough money on this car - don't plan on losing more.

-Brian

·
320 Posts
Same here. I saw that $ and had to do a double-take. I've lost enough money on this car - don't plan on losing more.

-Brian
Call out the violinists! What's the matter? Road and Track won't hire you to make blatantly biased videos for them?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts