Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the cold Finland - Karma is working perfectly under these cold (-16c) and snowy condition...only one this is not working at all - I can't save any of my personal settings, no radio stations, no meters, no KM/H, no clock - What should I do, or how should I do...and naturally the closest service in 4000 km and five borders away:)

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Greetings from the cold Finland - Karma is working perfectly under these cold (-16c) and snowy condition...only one this is not working at all - I can't save any of my personal settings, no radio stations, no meters, no KM/H, no clock - What should I do, or how should I do...and naturally the closest service in 4000 km and five borders away:)
Does the NAV and Backup camera work ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would first try a reflash of the CIU . That has to be done at a dealership
Oh No, is there any other way, as their is no service or dealership in Scandinavia - closest is in Netherland - 4600km and five borders - will take around 3 days just to go there:)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Oh No, is there any other way, as their is no service or dealership in Scandinavia - closest is in Netherland - 4600km and five borders - will take around 3 days just to go there:)
Maybe the closest dealer can send you a pre-flashed CIU that you can swap locally and send back the old one, rather than take the whole car there. The US experts used to have a kit with the diagnostic interface and a laptop with the Fisker software that they could ship to remote customers. I don't know if that service is still avialble. Try sending a PM to @FiskerPhilly and @Harleyguy.

Too bad Karma automotive moved the assembly line from Valmet back to the US. You actually live in the Karma's country of birth. Would have been an interesting trip to Uusikaupunki to visit your Karma's maternity ward. :D

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Maybe the closest dealer can send you a pre-flashed CIU that you can swap locally and send back the old one, rather than take the whole car there. The US experts used to have a kit with the diagnostic interface and a laptop with the Fisker software that they could ship to remote customers. I don't know if that service is still avialble. Try sending a PM to @fikerphilly and @Harleyguy.

Too bad Karma automotive moved the assembly line from Valmet back to the US. You actually live in the Karma's country of birth. Would have been an interesting trip to Uusikaupunki to visit your Karma's maternity ward. :D
Yes the CIU can be programmed with a stand alone tool it's called a PUMA tool. The CIU would need to be programmed with the European software which isn't a problem. The one issue is shipping the tool over to Finland and hoping it makes it there and makes it back to me. Even with a deposit which I take when I send the tool out money can't replace the tool if it gets lost. He would be better off and removing his CIU and sending his CIU to the local dealer and have them reflash his CIU. Problem is will the dealer go though the trouble installing his CIU into a car and programming it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have a spare CIU. It came from the US.
Would this help nuikpe15?

Is your Karma an European version or some reimport?

I could talk to my Dealer, what it might cost and we could arrange what ever is required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts