Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found out how to get 50 miles on a charge !!

Keep the needle in your dash exact in the middle as much as possible, so don't use regeneration either it will cost 30% energy. So don't brake, only if you really need to.

Drive exactly the permitted speed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have always achieved close to 50 miles per charge. still above 375 mpg pushing 5000mi. I always drive in hill 2 and avoid freeways if possible. Freeway driving will kill battery fast (unless you are in SoCal where it is worse than surface streets)

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Which display are you talking about? The speedo on left or energy meter on right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Niels said:
I've found out how to get 50 miles on a charge !!

Keep the needle in your dash exact in the middle as much as possible, so don't use regeneration either it will cost 30% energy. So don't brake, only if you really need to.

Drive exactly the permitted speed.
Confirmed, utilize your method, I do get more miles without Hill mode. At least 5 more miles per charge. So what is the purpose of Hill 1 and 2 then ?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Karma 2012 said:
Confirmed, utilize [that] method, I do get more miles without Hill mode. At least 5 more miles per charge. So what is the purpose of Hill 1 and 2 then ?
Just what Fisker say, it's meant as a convenience for those who are used to driving manual transmission vehicles and putting the car in a lower gear when going down long hills. (I used to do that with my Acura, coming down out of the Sierras or down the Grapevine.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use Hill mode to set myself up for turns and exit ramps. As mentioned, it's like downshifting.

ct-fiskerbuzz said:
Karma 2012 said:
Confirmed, utilize [that] method, I do get more miles without Hill mode. At least 5 more miles per charge. So what is the purpose of Hill 1 and 2 then ?
Just what Fisker say, it's meant as a convenience for those who are used to driving manual transmission vehicles and putting the car in a lower gear when going down long hills. (I used to do that with my Acura, coming down out of the Sierras or down the Grapevine.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you use the Entertainment System? Why is braking a problem? I would think it would increase the charge, other than the idea you have to accelerate. Are you talking only highway time? Driving locally, maintain the exact speed is hard because of turns, stop signs, traffic, etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts