Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I want to clean the engine on the fisker, can I pressure wash the engine?? Or is there another way to do this???

Thanks

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
with all the electronics in the Karma, I would strongly recommend NOT power washing the engine. I clean mine with a damp cloth sometimes with a little grease cleaner on the cloth. Power washing a "modern" engine could create a host of problems that will be impossible to diagnose.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Is there rally a need to do this?
I never cleaned my engine of any of my cars.
Or do you live in a really dusty environment?

Btw: I never have been asked to open the engine compartment of my Fisker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone. My main reason to ask how to clean the engine was because I am taking the car to a local car show here in Fresno, CA tomorrow. And the engine was really dusty.
Here where I live in central ca (Fresno, CA) it gets very dusty in the summer time because of all the ag land around us.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Damp rag, microfibre. Then i finish off the rubber and plastic with a light, light coating of tire shine, but only once I get to the car show. Our Karma won third place last year in San Diego, with no modifications. Speaks to the styling by Mr. Fisker!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Deep Ocean, what car show were you at in San Diego? It is so rare to see another Fisker in town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts