Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2012 karma Eco sport off eBay. I went to pick it up in Newport Beach and spent the last couple of days driving up Ca-1 to my home in Sonoma.

When I picked it up the battery was on 0 miles. The vendor said his guys must've forgot to plug it in over night. The air conditioning was not working, I figured that was related to the dead battery.

Since then, I've plugged it in a few times, using the 110v charger supplied with it, and also the EV charging station at the 5th and Mission garage in SF which I presume is more powerful. I've also driven about 500 miles.

The battery still reads 0. A few times it went up to 1 mile, from driving and braking a lot; coming down through the Mountains from Santa Cruz it briefly read 3.

The air conditioning kind of works (hot air, cold air trickles out) but the fan doesn't work.

I love the car and hope that this is an easy fix. It seems a little underpowered for the weight and I'm wondering if a fully charged electric battery makes an improvement to the performance.

I don't know what version of the firmware I have, sometimes I can see the mph behind the steering wheel in sport mode and sometimes I can't.

I'm still trying to figure out everything in the car, maybe there could be some setting that I've missed or something. I am scheduled for a service call next Monday in Palo Alto. Vin YH4K14AA0CA000556

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Does your digital speed only show up in sport mode? Does an analog clock show up in stealth mode? If so, you have very old software.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The car was original sold from Fisker Palm Beach , The original owner was taken out of the car Fisker bought back the car . You will need to verify what software version the car is on . Search the threads on how to tell software version . Keep in mind that will only show you what software version the CIU is on . You really need to get the car looked at by a Fisker Dealer or contact Lormax . You have a battery problem if it doesn't show any charge on the indicator after charging a few hours .
The 110 charger takes about 14 hours to charge the battery
The 220 charger takes about 5 hours to charge the car

Your blower motor problem isn't a easy fix it looks like they replaced the CIU that might of been from water dripping into it the fan motor is right below the CIU if that got wet its a good chance that is shorted out .

As far as AC performance between stealth and ice it's very little the AC works off the high voltage system only time can loose cooling is when your in ice and step down hard on the accelerator pedal there is a lag in cooling . The blower motor doesn't stop .

You really need to read the owners manual if you haven't . Search the forum and you will be surprised how many of your problems have been discussed

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ahhh, prime example of how much you can learn from a pre purchase inspection. I've inspected this car previously. Shoot me over a pm with contact details and we can discuss it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am from laplace la. enjoy my fisker, however, it has not been driven in about 8 weeks and
battery is completely dead .can i jump start ?
thanks for any assitance
glen

·
Registered
483 Posts
Also, once you get the car started, you should leave the car running (in ready mode) for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the 12 volt battery to fully charge before driving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After jump starting the 12 volt battery will not hold a charge. As soon as you press the start button the entire car goes dead, then jump it and all perfect. It appears to me that the 12 volt battery needs replacement. Has anyone done it and what is involved?? Thank you. 13500 miles on the car and it is perfect!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
After jump starting the 12 volt battery will not hold a charge. As soon as you press the start button the entire car goes dead, then jump it and all perfect. It appears to me that the 12 volt battery needs replacement. Has anyone done it and what is involved?? Thank you. 13500 miles on the car and it is perfect!!!
Not that bad, you must remove the passenger side wheel and the fender liner to access the 12v battery. What color and interior does your car have and where are you located? Vin?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts