Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12v power outlet in the middle compartment lacks amps to charge my mobile phone. I took a 3hr trip to Austin and had my phone plugged into the 12v socket and noticed the battery drain while I had Google maps running. On my Porsche, under similar conditions, the battery level either stays constant or increases, but never drains down. I can only conclude that amperage is unusually low in those outlet sockets. This has been like this since I've owned it over a year ago, but never bothered me until doing longer trips. Has anyone experience this and is there a modification to increase amperage?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My 12v power outlet in the middle compartment lacks amps to charge my mobile phone. I took a 3hr trip to Austin and had my phone plugged into the 12v socket and noticed the battery drain while I had Google maps running. On my Porsche, under similar conditions, the battery level either stays constant or increases, but never drains down. I can only conclude that amperage is unusually low in those outlet sockets. This has been like this since I've owned it over a year ago, but never bothered me until doing longer trips. Has anyone experience this and is there a modification to increase amperage?
I think your car USB adapter may be part of the problem. I use my Iphone 6 for Nav and Streaming (usually both at the same time) and it actually charges up when it is plugged in.

My USB adapter has two USB ports that provide different max current levels and I use the port that provides the higher max current (2.0 Amps max), which was originally intended for charging tablets. You may want to check the output of the adapter to confirm that it is up to the task. I have been able to draw significantly higher power, using a portable inverter, to run a small laptop from that power port. A phone should not be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts