Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much title. I'm interested in seeing how far the car goes (milagewise) before it's time to get a new ride.

I'm currently looking at Karmas to potentially buy in the next few weeks and would like this as a data point for analysis.

Thanks!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I've heard of people with up to 60K miles on theirs.

Has anybody actually had one just "wear out"? (that wasn't a manufacturing error)?

(I have 26K and am happy as a clam!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of people with up to 60K miles on theirs.

Has anybody actually had one just "wear out"? (that wasn't a manufacturing error)?

(I have 26K and am happy as a clam!)
Thanks!

i'm trying to figure out the "Wear out" situation -- I wouldn't mind buying one with 40,000+ mi on it if I could get 7-8 years out of it or knew that i could replace the battery down the line.

decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
We have not done this in a while, but from time to time someone posts a poll to see how many miles folks have driven. Here is the most recent one I could find. There are also occasional threads such as this one that discuss the same topic.

I vaguely recall hearing stories about Karmas with 100K miles or more on them, usually from our advising experts such as @Harleyguy or @FiskerPhilly, but can't find a specific referernce right now (even the Search function has its limits).

A Karma, like any other car does not have an expiration date. The longevity depends on the quality of the individual components (that vary significantly from car to car) and how well they have been maintained and driven. Others may have more information on this, but I am not aware of anyone who got rid of their Karma because it wore out, and other than Karmas that have been flooded or damaged in major accidents, I have not heard of a Karma just dying and refusing attempts at resuscitation. Again, this is my personal information, which may be incomplete, but after 5 years, you would think that stories about cars that just refused to start one day after X miles, would be pretty well known.

Just for the record, My car is one of the original ones delivered in early 2012 and currently has 44K miles on it and seems to be <knocking on reclaimed wood> running just fine. I am on my original battery, third RDM, and second set of Traction Motors. But of course, YMMMV.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
@Fab. unfortunately that pole is dated with the top tier vote at 9,000 miles. I have 47,000 miles on my Karma and suspect others have mileage in a similar range after 5 years for early adopters.

I don't have the "expertise" to set up a new graph, perhaps you could. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Alex Pop just serviced one recently with over 100k miles, and I believe with no issues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts