Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it appears the door release to open it is electronic what happens if all power is lost? Is there a mechanical way to open the door?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes. The procedure is explained in the owners manual. Dutch posted it on another thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. I scanned through 411 of Dutch's post and couldn't find it. Could you point me to it or explain how it works?[hr]
Never mind. Found it:

brian Wrote:<br />
I just found a new software glitch that I can add to my list: It seems the voice control thinks I'm saying "Boston" when I'm actually saying "Austin".<br />
<br />
If you press the voice button on the steering wheel and then say "Destination Entry" she takes you to the proper screen in the Nav system, and then asks "Say the name of a city in Texas". Then I very clearly say "Austin" and she says "Boston". Next thing I know she's asking for a street in some town called "New Boston" that I've never heard of.<br />
<br />
I did this in my garage with the car not even running - totally silent, so no interference. She simply doesn't understand the word "Austin", so I cannot use the voice command system to get me anywhere in my own city :(<br />
<br />
On top of that, the car wouldn't let me out again when I was done. The Open button didn't do anything. Sheez... I call her Christine.<br />
<br />
-Brian
<br />
<br />
Austin does sound an awful lot like Boston...<br />
<br />
Concerning the open-button. If the car still has the factory settings, it will not open if it is not in park (P). So when the car is in D it simply will not open. I've had this several times, and I think it has to do with safety/liability*.You can change this in the settings in the command center, see the manual. I read this in the pdf of the manual that was put online on this forum a few months ago:<br />
<br />
''Dependent upon configuration, the vehicle's doors will either lock automatically when a speed of 5 mph is reached or when D or R is selected. Note: This feature can be configured to your personal preference via the touch-screen."<br />
<br />
If there is a electrical failure (for instance if the cars is in the water) and the open-button does not work, there is emergency procedure. On the underside of the doorhandle, right under the open-button, there is a small piece of plastic. You can push it in. There's a wire in there which you can pull to open the door.<br />
<br />
* I have to say the safety warnings in the car are a bit annoying. There's the ugly stickers on the visors (had those on my Jeep too, so I guess it's something American cars have), every time I get in the car I have to consent to the fact that I could die, and then there is this issue with the open-button (which luckily can be changed). Is all this caused by liability concerns?<br />
<br />

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
adam said:
Hmmm. I scanned through 411 of Dutch's post and couldn't find it. Could you point me to it or explain how it works?
It was Dutch's most recent post. You can find it here.

Here's the salient part:

If there is a electrical failure (for instance if the cars is in the water) and the open-button does not work, there is emergency procedure. On the underside of the doorhandle, right under the open-button, there is a small piece of plastic. You can push it in. There's a wire in there which you can pull to open the door.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
adam said:
Thread-UGH-Fisker-stopping-deliveries?pid=5129#pid5129]here[/url].

Here's the salient part:

If there is a electrical failure (for instance if the cars is in the water) and the open-button does not work, there is emergency procedure. On the underside of the doorhandle, right under the open-button, there is a small piece of plastic. You can push it in. There's a wire in there which you can pull to open the door.
Good to know. I guess I had missed that part last time.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Someone actually posted a digital pre-release copy of the Owner's Manual too, that shows pictures and all that jazz too.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
That was me. You can still download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i267u3rmjkc3wok

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a key on passenger door if you are locked outside. There are pulley type things in the arm rest on the doors...on the bottom of the arm rest that is.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Wimbeldon, not sure if I spelled that right. Is it possible to get a Sticky Forum Thread for the Owner's Manual so people know its out there and can read it? I think that would eliminate each new person to the forum asking the same question that has been answered several time elsewhere in the forum.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Wimbeldon, not sure if I spelled that right. Is it possible to get a Sticky Forum Thread for the Owner's Manual so people know its out there and can read it? I think that would eliminate each new person to the forum asking the same question that has been answered several time elsewhere in the forum.
Great suggestion. The Fisker Karma Owner's Manual is now a "sticky thread" at the top of the forum. :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Is it possible to get a Sticky Forum Thread for the Owner's Manual so people know its out there and can read it?
Sorry off topic Wimbledon, but is it possible to integrate a "View first unread" function, so I don't have to randomly search the posts in a thread to see where I left off, if it's been a few days since I visited? Every other forum I'm on has this and it's quite convenient. Unless I'm stupid and have totally missed it.

Also, it would be nice to not have the phantom last page of a thread that merely gives me the "The specified thread does not exist" message when I click on it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
mattjs33 said:
Sorry off topic Wimbledon, but is it possible to integrate a "View first unread" function, so I don't have to randomly search the posts in a thread to see where I left off, if it's been a few days since I visited? Every other forum I'm on has this and it's quite convenient. Unless I'm stupid and have totally missed it.

Also, it would be nice to not have the phantom last page of a thread that merely gives me the "The specified thread does not exist" message when I click on it.
"View first unread" is that little green arrow. I had no idea until I hit it by accident or something; it's definitely not obvious.

As an ordinary user, I can't do anything about the other problem though. ;)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
mattjs33 said:
ct-fiskerbuzz's response should solve your first query.

Regarding the second, an update to the forum will take place in the next week or so that should address the issue. :thumbup:

For all other forum operation comments or questions, please use the "Forum Information & Help" forum at the bottom of the forum index page.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
"View first unread" is that little green arrow. I had no idea until I hit it by accident or something; it's definitely not obvious.
Thank you. Didn't know the green arrow. Very helpful, fast and save time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts