Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the many issues with early VIN Karmas, do think it is wisest to focus my used search only on 1250 and later VINs? I found a 298 model but after reading the buyers checklist, I'm assuming the safest route is a later model with low mileage (all things being equal).

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Considering the many issues with early VIN Karmas, do think it is wisest to focus my used search only on 1250 and later VINs? I found a 298 model but after reading the buyers checklist, I'm assuming the safest route is a later model with low mileage (all things being equal).
Karmas are snowflakes, no two exactly alike. The VIN range gives you some sense, but it is not definitive. The best thing you can do would be to have the car thoroughly inspected by a certified service center, or just buy a certified used one.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ohh darn...that dreaded cutoff. Guess my 1233 doesn't make the cut :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had that false notion too, until I purchased my Karma (VIN#398) exactly a year ago with only 1600 miles. Once I got the 530 update, it has been a gem. No major issues and has been running fantastic. Of course, I had it thoroughly inspected by a Fisker dealer prior to inking the deal. I think it's a myth that early VINs have inherent issues, so long as it has been updated w/ all the recall work and software.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Karmas are snowflakes, no two exactly alike. The VIN range gives you some sense, but it is not definitive. The best thing you can do would be to have the car thoroughly inspected by a certified service center, or just buy a certified used one.
What he said! :thumbup::fisker:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Every day was beer friday in Finland when they built the cars, so you've got a better chance at winning powerball than choosing a Fisker based on VIN alone

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have early VIN, #0146 with 82000 km, thereof I drove 46000km. I’m very pleased with this result.
The software version is 510, therefore I have to delete the warning signal of the OBD scanner weekly, but I got used to it.
With the scanner I can check the temperature of the engine and charge level of the batteries.
I usually charge the 12V battery 2-3 hours weekly, which I changed last year.
I think the luck and the way of usage is more important as the VIN number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts