Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want overnight charging (cheaper charge during off-peak hours) or ability to top-off throughout the day, I recommend a Level 2 charger which will give you full charge in 6-8 hours. You do need an electrician for the installation, but well worth it :)

Right now Schneider's offering a promo on their Level 2 Home EV Chargers at HomeDepot.com. Get $100 off at checkout with promo code EVLINKSUMMER.
Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts

@CA_MP4, I could not tell if they have one that is programmable to take advantage of time-of-day rates. Did you get one of those or did you get a non-programmable one?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I have 2 EVLinks, One for the office, one for home. They are very basic, but work great. You can delay the start of the charge in one hour increments to take advantage of lower night-time rates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2 EVLinks, One for the office, one for home. They are very basic, but work great. You can delay the start of the charge in one hour increments to take advantage of lower night-time rates.
Really great tip! And to find best (cheapest) times to charge, google: "off peak hours [Your Electricity Provider] [Your State]"

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Picked up this tip from a client using the EVLink. Set a one-hour delay and plug in the Karma. The car will go to sleep before charging ever starts. No more permanent running cooling fans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts