Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car charge very well using dealer 240, but home charger 13 hours still 0 mile
:huh::huh::huh:
all lights green on the charger i see charge icon on the dash for 2 min then nothing tried turn on off still no luck
home GFR PLUG 15amp

what im doing wrong?:D
OR ITS BAD CHARGER ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The car charge very well using dealer 240, but home charger 13 hours still 0 mile
:huh::huh::huh:
all lights green on the charger i see charge icon on the dash for 2 min then nothing tried turn on off still no luck
home GFR PLUG 15amp

what im doing wrong?:D
OR ITS BAD CHARGER ?
What charger are you referring to.
The Fisker Branded one (orange and black) that came with car, or a Level 2 fixed charger. The fisker charger must have green lights on, lft upper light indicates charging, upper rht indicates I believe faults, lower 4 lights left to right indicates charging fast or slow. Once fully charged all light on lower will remain on and won't flash. Also try to reset GFI electric outlet if connected to one.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes this one the one with car , i used the out door plug BY garden hose i see the 4 green lights moving now .. all other plugs i used the 4 lights were solid not moving
ill check in one hour see if it get something

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
yes this one the one with car , i used the out door plug BY garden hose i see the 4 green lights moving now .. all other plugs i used the 4 lights were solid not moving

It's also important the order in which you plug things in. You have to plug the charger into the power outlet and let it fully boot up (wait for the lights to be green, about 15 seconds) BEFORE plugging it into the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lower 4 lights should moving in left to right order. Which indicates charging, along with upper left light solid *above lighting bolt symbol. Also press orange button below 4 light bar that may I believe reset it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The charger requires a good ground as well. The other plugs you tried it on may not have had it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you you are right.. look like my gfr plugs outside has better ground.. my charger its working
here is what i found out..
if the ground not good will not charge the 4 green bars stay solid , but if it charging properly you will see the 4 bars fast charging turning on and off indicate its charging

·
Registered
859 Posts
Agree. I've found that some outlets in the field have poor grounds. The Fisker charger will not work with a bad ground. It simply will not charge your car. You need all green lights. Once you find an outlet that does that, you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I use two Clipper Creek chargers at work and have another 6 out at customers houses only seen one fail . Awesome company to deal with they sent me a brand new one after I sent them the serial number of the broken one . I boxed up the old one and they even paid for the shipping back on the broken one

1 - 20 of 31 Posts