Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 'high voltage system fault" light go on and t causes the Karma to freeze in neutral and park. I cannot activate drive or reverse. i have done a "hard system" reset but it has not solved the problem. The dealer is taking the Karma in but because of the current freeze on the company, they do not have access to software patches. Any suggestions to HELP me?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have had the 'high voltage system fault" light go on and t causes the Karma to freeze in neutral and park. I cannot activate drive or reverse. i have done a "hard system" reset but it has not solved the problem. The dealer is taking the Karma in but because of the current freeze on the company, they do not have access to software patches. Any suggestions to HELP me?
Can you provide more details on the Karma - how many miles, how long have you had it, what's the last four digits of VIN, etc

Also, any prior powertrain issues?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Fiskerjim the dealer has full access to software . The software that we use is stored locally on the laptop not on a server . They don't even know the problem yet get the car looked at first and post the findings here . The problem Fiskers website has right now the technical site crashed last week and they are trying to recover it . Also Fisker still has a engineer on staff for dealership support

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the exact same problem a month ago. After ten days the car reverted back to normal operation. Just started up one morning. Has been running fine ever since, but everytime I start it I get a little nervous. I am 150 miles from dealer so haven't had them run diagnostics yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue right now. They just hauled my car away. I would like to know who else had this issue. Never really had much problem with the car until last week.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Following is a post I received when I started a thread for the same problem. See thread "Fisker Dead--Funeral 9AM.

Laguna

Mikey, I had similar warning lights and also sometimes problems sometimes no worries.

It took Fisker Netherlands 3 months to figure out that it was just a wire behind the dash which was a bit overstreched, sometimes making contact, sometimes not.

I think you can diagnose the problem without taking the complete dash out, but to replace the wire was quite a project.

I am no technician, so cannot give you too much details, but maybe you can give Klaas Kos +31 35 6462202 service manager at Fisker in the Netherlands a call.

I am sure he remembers the issue if you ask him about the Laguna Fisker which they had in for service for a few months this winter, maybe he can quickly compare your symptons and let you know if there is a good chance you have a similar problem

good luck

As I said in my post, after 10 days car started and went to ready on its own. Never diagnosed the problem, but car is running fine for the time being

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fiskerjim the dealer has full access to software . The software that we use is stored locally on the laptop not on a server . They don't even know the problem yet get the car looked at first and post the findings here . The problem Fiskers website has right now the technical site crashed last week and they are trying to recover it . Also Fisker still has a engineer on staff for dealership support
i took delivery of the Eco Sport Karma in May 2012. Last part of vin # is ca001802.
Dealer is looking for a battery. I am near Toronto, Canada. Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you provide more details on the Karma - how many miles, how long have you had it, what's the last four digits of VIN, etc

Also, any prior powertrain issues?
i took delivery of the Eco Sport Karma in May 2012. Last part of vin # is ca001802.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
How many miles on your Karma? I presume that you never had the HV battery swapped during the A123 recall last year?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many miles on your Karma? I presume that you never had the HV battery swapped during the A123 recall last year?
No swap. Did not hear about recall as the dealer said this was a new "good" battery at the time of delivery. Have 10,0000 kilometres EG: 6000 miles on the Karma

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
No swap. Did not hear about recall as the dealer said this was a new "good" battery at the time of delivery. Have 10,0000 kilometres EG: 6000 miles on the Karma
Ah that's worrisome, as I had always thought the battery problem would manifest itself early in the Karma's use (e.g. the Consumer Reports fiasco) rather than 5 or 6K miles into its life.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Ah that's worrisome, as I had always thought the battery problem would manifest itself early in the Karma's use (e.g. the Consumer Reports fiasco) rather than 5 or 6K miles into its life.
Mine failed at 6300 miles. But it had shown some signs of degradation before failing, with full charge time at 240V increasing from 5.5 hours to almost 7 hours during the 6 months prior to failure.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
If your dealer doesn't have the needed contact information for a new battery PM me and I will get it for you

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
If your dealer doesn't have the needed contact information for a new battery PM me and I will get it for you
what's market price for new batts these days? $15K?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
what's market price for new batts these days? $15K?
And follow-up: There was some discussion about the possibility of having the malfunctioning module(s) replaced rather than changing out the entire HV battery. Is that a real possibility, and if so, who actually does that? B456, Quantum, Fisker?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My understanding of that Fab is that a B456 engineer would be doing it. I've been told by an e isting Fisker employee that this is already happening in Europe.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
And follow-up: There was some discussion about the possibility of having the malfunctioning module(s) replaced rather than changing out the entire HV battery. Is that a real possibility, and if so, who actually does that? B456, Quantum, Fisker?
My understanding of that Fab is that a B456 engineer would be doing it. I've been told by an e isting Fisker employee that this is already happening in Europe.
Actually it's A123 LLC
Thanks; it's good to know that the option is available.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts