Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High pitched whining noise when decelerating and sometimes accelerating...hey guys, been experiencing a high pitched whining noise coming from my motor when I'm decelerating (and sometimes accelerating) in stealth mode at speeds in excess of 20+mph...any ideas of what the issue could be? Weird thing is that AlexPop just recently rebuilt my RDMs with the hardened splines, so I'm assuming (and hoping) that it has nothing to do with that? Any clarity would be greatly appreciated, fellas

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You need to drive the car in hill mode 2 drive about 45 MPH drive in stealth mode this way you won't hear any engine noise. Then let the car coast down some that's when you will hear any whining . Repeat that a couple of times speed up to 50 MPH when you hear the whine accel some and listen again.
Somewhere I have sound clip what a bad RDM sounds like

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to drive the car in hill mode 2 drive about 45 MPH drive in stealth mode this way you won't hear any engine noise. Then let the car coast down some that's when you will hear any whining . Repeat that a couple of times speed up to 50 MPH when you hear the whine accel some and listen again.
Somewhere I have sound clip what a bad RDM sounds like

Appreciate it, Harleyguy...the whining is pretty loud now and I wish I could attach a video clip to show. The sound is getting progressively more prominent. My only thought is that it is a faulty RDM, however, AlexPop just recently rebuilt mine a month ago...do you think that something went wrong the rebuild?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I can't speak for the rebuild Alex performed other then his rebuilt more RDM's then me since I've actually haven't rebuilt one . I have the tools and know what's involved but I work for a new car dealership and Alex owns his own business.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Appreciate it, Harleyguy...the whining is pretty loud now and I wish I could attach a video clip to show. The sound is getting progressively more prominent. My only thought is that it is a faulty RDM, however, AlexPop just recently rebuilt mine a month ago...do you think that something went wrong the rebuild?
I can't speak for the rebuild Alex performed other then his rebuilt more RDM's then me since I've actually haven't rebuilt one . I have the tools and know what's involved but I work for a new car dealership and Alex owns his own business.
Hate to be captain obvious here, but is it possible to get the car back to Alex for a look/see/hear? He is probably in the best position to diagnose this, no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts