Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought the "too good to be true" Karma that was for sale last week. Cautiously optimistic so far. We have some things to address but love the car. It made the 475 mile trip quite well, and with gas, but hopefully we'll enjoy battery power for nearly all miles going forward. Need to check tires, add some fluids, replace the key fob battery, improve our charging option at home, and schedule some time to admire this car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Where are you based?
I'd suggest to contact one if the experts to get a startup service:
@Lormax @Harleyguy @FiskerPhilly

And don't forget to pay your forum entry fee --> photos!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome

@ABQKarma - welcome! Definitely post pictures. Where did you buy the car and you live in Albuquerque, right? You will definitely be able to drive on electric power around town and absolutely get the 240V charger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post pictures soon. So far just loving this car. Yes, we are in Albuquerque and I've been able to get 95% of my commute and errands with the battery range. I'm still learning the car and getting comfortable with it but really couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a rather unflattering pic as she stood unwashed after the long drive home from Denver. Our Karma is white with an ecochic interior of navy and gray. As you can see, the PO fitted Savani rims.

Given the carfax accident history we had our good friend and independent exotic mechanic perform a inspection. I participated and to my relief it truly was a minor side-swipe with no damage to the frame. The car is even beautiful underneath. We changed the oil and checked for engine codes. Our mechanic is a second generation engine builder and really did appreciate and admire the Karma.

We are required by out county to pass emissions every two years. The engine code read had the inadvertent consequence of impacting emissions testing data. The test could not be run as there was not enough information. We have been driving with the ICE for the last few days and will try again.

We are in the market for stock rims. If "direct" from eBay is on the forum please send a PM.

We LOVE this car and will post better pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
I like the rims!
What size are they and which tires are u using?

·
Registered
10 Posts
All the best with it.

We just bought the "too good to be true" Karma that was for sale last week. Cautiously optimistic so far. We have some things to address but love the car. It made the 475 mile trip quite well, and with gas, but hopefully we'll enjoy battery power for nearly all miles going forward. Need to check tires, add some fluids, replace the key fob battery, improve our charging option at home, and schedule some time to admire this car.
Congrats and all the best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just removed the Savini wheels (PM me if you are interested) and installed stock which we acquired from Travis. Purchased FI's from TireRack and had them shipped to my installer who also did the alignment.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts