Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New Memeber
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a major issue or anything but....

The High Beams on my Fisker Karma aren't working. For the life of me, I can't figure our why. When I activate the High Beams, the blue light appears on the instrument cluster but the high beams don't come on! My guess is maybe the relay might be bad or something but I can't find any info on where the relay is located in the service/shop manual.

Anyone ever run into this problem.... or know of a fix? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
The High Beams on my Fisker Karma aren't working.
I had that problem. It was the bulbs. They are very hard to get to, so I made a tool so you don't have to dismantle anything. It's posted here somewhere. Hope this helps.

·
New Memeber
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks steven, that was helpful. I took it to the Karma dealership in Pasadena and they said the same thing... one bulb is defective. They want $550 to replace one bulb. That's a bit high if you ask me. I found them on eBay for $50. Is it something I can replace or should I pay the dealership to do it?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Is it something I can replace or should I pay the dealership to do it?
It's relatively easy to replace the bulbs after you make a tool out of a PVC pipe sleeve. $550 is excessive. Make sure you buy the combined high and low beam bulbs.

You do NOT have to remove the bumper.

There is a soft plastic bulb cover in the engine compartment for each bulb. They were designed for easy access, but it's very tight in there. Hence the tool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$500 is absolute highway robbery but I would also not trust $50 bulbs from eBay (no offence). My bulbs and ballast were donezo so I got a whole kit from xenonpro for under $140 and they have been good to me and come with a lifetime warranty (Dual Beam, Hi & Low Beams - D1S - Full Xenon HID Headlights Kit - Free Shipping & Lifetime Warranty - XenonPro.com)

If you just need to change the bulbs go with some Sylvania for like $90 and they should be pretty reliable (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania...did=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts