Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Fisker last week but have already some issues. Hope you guys can help

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found the treat with the engine warning light on. I just will go to try the hard re-set :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
As explained numerous times here on the forum, a hard reset is a last resort. I highly advise getting yourself an OBD II scantool and checking what the codes are yourself before resorting to a hard reset.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Understand a generic scan tool will only read emission related fault codes it won't read Fisker dedicated codes people need to understand this . If there is a problem don't count on getting the correct diagnosis .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi rabbit

I am a Fisker owner from Switzerland and have gotten used to the Malfunction-Indicator-Light / Check-Engine-Light. Since my Karma went dead 3 weeks ago (drained 12V battery), I have the MIL again. And like Lormax pointed out: The hard-reset should be the last resort (I didn't dare yet...)

Since it is a bit annoying driving to the dealer/garage very time the light goes on, I just bought myself a OBD-2 WiFi Adapter. With the right smartphone app you can read out a lot of generic codes and reset the MIL. However - as Harleyguy pointed out - any "real" error code is Fisker specific and will require a Fisker technician ("Emil Frey" in Switzerland).

I went with a WiFi adapter because Bluetooth does not (really) work with iPhone apps. If you have an Android phone, you can find Bluetooth adapters starting from 5.- EUR on ebay.

Cheers from Wil
Yves

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi MisterH
Good to have an other Fisker supporter here in Switzerland. My Check-Engine-Light warning-issues is resolved. But since there I have some new ones: My battery does not work properly. When the range left indication shows me about 24Km it starts counting down to zero within a few seconds. I have been at Emil Frey today and they told me they have to replace some modules or cells, like Harleguy has indicated two weeks ago. Problem is they do not have battery spares in Europe at all. So I'm waiting now for new battery-modules. Do you have any issues with your battery and what is your dealer telling you about?
cheers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rabbit,

I have the exact same issue. Last time Lormax was in Virginia he hooked the car up to his computer and said battery cell 14 was an issue. As far as what I'm doing about it, my dealer folded up shop so I'm waiting to see what the new Fisker might do. I don't think any of the current dealers in the US will deal with a bad cell in the battery. Seems that is something best dealt with by the battery manufacturer. Wish I could give you good news, but good luck!

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
Rabbit,

I have the exact same issue. Last time Lormax was in Virginia he hooked the car up to his computer and said battery cell 14 was an issue. As far as what I'm doing about it, my dealer folded up shop so I'm waiting to see what the new Fisker might do. I don't think any of the current dealers in the US will deal with a bad cell in the battery. Seems that is something best dealt with by the battery manufacturer. Wish I could give you good news, but good luck!
i sent you an email...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rabbit,

After re-reading a post or two I might be wrong on getting a dealership to replace a cell. Maybe your dealership can reach out to someone and the US and get a cell. I wish you luck. Hope you get things fixed quickly.

-jeff

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Between myself, Harleyguy and FiskerPhilly, battery repairs can be done here in the US. I have a number of used modules in stock. If you'd rather go with a new module (with a warranty), that can be acquired as well it just takes quite a bit longer. Feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts