Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
@Giv7090 Bonjourno, and Benvenuti. Great to have you here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just received my first Fisker 3 weeks ago. I'm like a kid with a new toy. Bought it in Dallas and had it trucked to Ft Lauderdale. It's in showroom new condition and just beautiful. Finding it has some quirks in the electronics. Touch screen is slow on the touch response, but I knew that before buying. Stereo commands have a tendency of locking up to the point where the music can't be changed until the car is turned off and restarted again. The lights for the vehicle commands for D, R, P, and N have a tendency of flashing every once in a while but no effect on anything else.

Can someone tell me if it's best to drive the battery until dead before plugging back in for a charge? Or can I just plug it in everyday when I get home with a partially charged battery. I don't drive more than 20 miles a day round trip to work and don't want to do damage to the battery. The owners manuals don't specify how to handle the battery charging.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Welcome to the club!

The PRND lighting up at random times is an intentional 'charming' quirk of the car. Search these forums for the word "Disco" and you'll find lots of threads and posts about it. As far as anyone can tell, it's just a visual flourish and signifies nothing.

As for the battery, I simply plug it in whenever I pull into my garage, and unplug it when I leave, whether it's an hour later or days later. I don't wait until the battery gets to a certain point. I expect pretty much everyone else treats the car this way too. If I'm out and about and happen to be near a public charger I'll charge opportunistically too.

Brent

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome to the club!

As for the battery, I simply plug it in whenever I pull into my garage, and unplug it when I leave, whether it's an hour later or days later. I don't wait until the battery gets to a certain point. I expect pretty much everyone else treats the car this way too. If I'm out and about and happen to be near a public charger I'll charge opportunistically too.

Brent
Same for me, I charge whenever able. I have a 8 mile commute, and hook-up to the charger as soon as I park at the office. And then again when I get back home. It does not seem to have been an issue; I get the same EV miles from the battery now as I did 2 1/2 years ago when it was new.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Mine is a daily driver, i may even charge it a few times in a single day. there are a few cars here local in the Broward county area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts