Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
It might be a set back for now maybe they can move forward faster without Henrik at the helm doesn't mention from his position or the whole company .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Henrik Fisker Resigns

A wild guess on my part is he did not like the partner or acquirer likely to be chosen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
125 Posts
Henrik Fisker Resigns

Or what his ongoing role would be...or the direction the company would go with the new partner or acquirer ....and/or the price the partner or acquirer is paying ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Wow

·
Registered
888 Posts
Henrik Fisker Resigns

Uughhhh..

That's not a good sign at all.
Either the deal is done or his resigning was a requested precondition....

I think we own the only real Fisker Cars, now.
Don't think, that the name will remain after all the bad press in the past month' ...
Hopefully someone takes over the company soon, instead of just buying the technology.

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am sure there could have been worse possible scenarios, but I can't really think of any right now.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hopefully someone takes over the company soon, instead of just buying the technology.
But Fisker doesn't really have much technology. Their main asset is the design/styling and that was Henrik. You could say the Karma and maybe even the Atlantic designs are done, but without your namesake designer how can the company have any future? If they sell a majority stake to the Chinese, sans Henrik, what makes the company any different from any other Chinese car company?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But Fisker doesn't really have much technology. Their main asset is the design/styling and that was Henrik. You could say the Karma and maybe even the Atlantic designs are done, but without your namesake designer how can the company have any future? If they sell a majority stake to the Chinese, sans Henrik, what makes the company any different from any other Chinese car company?

Henrik did not say he was leaving the company, he just resigned from the chairman position.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
It's not entirely clear to me that HF has completely severed his relationship with the company. He stepped down from the board, but we don't know whether or not he is staying on board as chief designer. Admittedly, there is very low probability that HF would continue working with a management he disagrees with, but either way, the company should clarify this.

IMHO, the company would actually do better with HF out of management and doing what he does best, designing cars. But if the company has lost him as a designer, then this is going to be like when Steve Jobs left Apple and the company is going to go through a period of turmoil.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Henrik did not say he was leaving the company, he just resigned from the chairman position.
Nope, I think the statement was pretty clear unfortunately:

Effective as of Wednesday 13 March 2013, Henrik Fisker has resigned from Fisker Automotive as executive chairman, and has left the company. The main reasons for his resignation are several major disagreements that Henrik Fisker has with the Fisker Automotive executive management on the business strategy.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Umm... I read he had left the company.

"Effective as of Wednesday 13 March 2013, Henrik Fisker has resigned from Fisker Automotive as executive chairman, and has left the company."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fisker's Founder Resigns

By JOSEPH B. WHITE And NEAL E. BOUDETTE DETROIT—The founder and executive chairman of electric-car startup Fisker Automotive Inc. said he resigned Wednesday because of "disagreements" over business strategy with the ailing company's management.
Henrik Fisker said in an email sent to a small number of journalists that has "left the company." Reached by phone, Mr. Fisker confirmed that he sent the email and that he had resigned.
Fisker Automotive is the maker of the Karma, a battery-powered luxury sports that sells for about $100,000. It received backing from the U.S. government but ran into technical and financial troubles stemming from both the Karma and a second model that was supposed to be built at a former General Motors Co. GM -0.54% plant in Delaware.
In recent weeks, Fisker management has been looking into selling the company, weighing bids including a $350 million offer from China's Dongfeng Motor Corp.
Write to Joseph B. White at [email protected] and Neal E. Boudette at [email protected]

From the WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323393304578358312832200872.html

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There is a fair amount of IP around the drivetrain and energy management that was developed by Fisker. I know they had a fair number of utility patent applications in the pipeline, so the technology is not trivial.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Umm... I read he had left the company.

"Effective as of Wednesday 13 March 2013, Henrik Fisker has resigned from Fisker Automotive as executive chairman, and has left the company."

Henrik has equity in Fisker Automotive. He is not merely an employee.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts