Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally removed a push switch next to the windshield washer reservoir. The contacts underneath make a rusted or oxidized impression.
What is the function of this switch and should I clean the contacts or can I just put the switch back on?

Thanks for your help!
Alexander
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part Machine

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I accidentally removed a push switch next to the windshield washer reservoir. The contacts underneath make a rusted or oxidized impression.
What is the function of this switch and should I clean the contacts or can I just put the switch back on?

Thanks for your help!
Alexander
View attachment 14546
Hi Doc,

Yes, you need to reinstall it. It will show the bonnet is open on your middle speedometer cluster.

It is a contact push button switch for the front bonnet (hood).

It tells the CIU that the bonnet is closed or open. There is 2 - one on each side.

If the spring is missing after it was pulled off. You may need to replace the whole switch.

Tigga

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Doc,

Yes, you need to reinstall it. It will show the bonnet is open on your middle speedometer cluster.

It is a contact push button switch for the front bonnet (hood).

It tells the CIU that the bonnet is closed or open. There is 2 - one on each side.

If the spring is missing after it was pulled off. You may need to replace the whole switch.

Tigga

Hi Tigga,
thanks a lot!
Best regards
Alexander

1 - 3 of 3 Posts