Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each time that I turn off my car, it is resetting everything to the factory defaults, e.g. Los Angeles Timezone, Radio Stations Wiped out, etc.

The only thing that I can think of that was unusual is that typically, it is always on Battery power (average 20 miles/day). I recently took a much longer trip and left the charging cable at home. So, it didn't get charged for a little over a week. Not sure how that could be related but, just throwing it out there.

Has anyone seen this before ? Any ideas what could be wrong here? :huh:

Thanks,

-Joe

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Each time that I turn off my car, it is resetting everything to the factory defaults, e.g. Los Angeles Timezone, Radio Stations Wiped out, etc.

The only thing that I can think of that was unusual is that typically, it is always on Battery power (average 20 miles/day). I recently took a much longer trip and left the charging cable at home. So, it didn't get charged for a little over a week. Not sure how that could be related but, just throwing it out there.

Has anyone seen this before ? Any ideas what could be wrong here? :huh:

Thanks,

-Joe
You should try re-flashing your CIU. Looks like something got corrupted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Resetting to Factory Defaults

Hey guys,

I had the same problem, when 520 was installed. I got the car back from the dealer. Everything was fine. Then without any reasons the resetting occured. I could reset some things manually. But then i could no longer reset the language. Only English and Spain was available. German was missing. Now the dealer is workíng on the project in association with the software guys in Switzerland ( Fisker Europe ). Let' see what they can do; i am still waiting for the car to come back.
So i will install 530 only if i can be sure that things like that won't be happening again.

Axel16

enat has ha
i got the same thing 2012 when my car was delivered. I think they reflashed it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
They need to reload 510 for the CIU using Flash Light there is a bug in 520 that causes this problem . If a customer has to travel to me that's not local when I install 520 I remove the CIU from the car and install a spare one I have after 520 is finished I reinstall the original CIU back .

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They need to reload 510 for the CIU using Flash Light there is a bug in 520 that causes this problem . If a customer has to travel to me that's not local when I install 520 I remove the CIU from the car and install a spare one I have after 520 is finished I reinstall the original CIU back .
Wow, thanks, Harley Guy, Axel and Michael. I have an appointment to get it reflashed on Wednesday and I will be sure to mention the flash light bug.

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Harley Guy,

Bernie at Classic Cadillac tried the reflash approach but, said he just couldn't get it to work :-(

Long story short, had to replace the ICU for over 2 grand. *sigh*

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Did they use Prodis or Puma? Prodis fails quite frequently when trying to flash the CIU. Would recommend sourcing a Puma tool to flash the CIU.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We have had some cars that the USB port will not work which is how we load the files to the ciu through the usb in the console. One of the many ciu issues is loss of usb functionality. Without this we can't flash it. Hence a new CIU is needed. This actually happened to my own karma after 520 and I had to buy a ciu...

·
Registered
61 Posts
So 520 could cause loss of Command Center function and the owner will have to pay out of pocket with a new CIU? Is Fisker going to fix this issue? Or is it just a chance we will have to take of interoperability with our command center?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The most common problem I've seen with 520 is losing the presets / Nav / and backup camera . I now pull the CIU out before the 520 software install . If the USB fails you won't be able to re flash the CIU as mentioned .
I also own a PUMA tool

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have had some cars that the USB port will not work which is how we load the files to the ciu through the usb in the console. One of the many ciu issues is loss of usb functionality. Without this we can't flash it. Hence a new CIU is needed. This actually happened to my own karma after 520 and I had to buy a ciu...
Yes, the entire issue was due to 520 clobbering the USB port and, then, there being no way to reflash.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Yes, the entire issue was due to 520 clobbering the USB port and, then, there being no way to reflash.
Actually there was a good chance the USB wasn't working unless you know for sure it was working .520 shouldn't cause the USB port to stop working we've had USB port problems from the get go. The CIU has a bad boot rom from what I've been told

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Fisker has nothing to say I'm the one that actually brought to their attention they told me at first cant be. I warned Joe about it and to look at for the problem after he had the same problem Fisker believed it was happening . I was able to get one engineer to admit a file was causing the problem but had no fix for the software that's why I remove the CIU now during the update haven't had an issue since .
Owners have no idea the amount of faults or bugs that myself and Joe have made to Fisker over the past years .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts