Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my Fisker around yesterday as usual. Drove it home and plugged it in. When I went out just now, it was *completely* dead. I mean nothing lights up, the buttons, e.g. lock release don't work. I had to open it with the manual key from the passenger side. I just got this out of shop following a nearly 4k bill (after owning it for exactly one month).

Someone please tell me this is something simple. (but, if you can't tell me that an honest appraisal of what I might be up against would be appreciated).

:huh:

-Joe

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Need to find out what caused the car to go dead did a Fisker dealership work on the car.It might just need a new 12 volt battery and yes it can die just like that . You also need to check the voltage output of the APM . Thats the computer located on the drivers side close to the firewall that has the red cover over the positive lead.Use a volt meter while the car is in ready mode and see what the voltage is at the APM

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so much, for replying, HarleyGuy.

So, I did take it to a Fisker tech today after I quit freaking out and thought clearly enough to jump start it, I took it in and they tested everything (in front of me). We got right at 13 v at the APM. I also had them test the OBCM with their charging cable and mine. I has them take the pAnel off and test the 12v as well.

So, the good news is that nothing expensive seems to be malfunctioning. The bad news is we still really have no idea what caused it and, hence, no idea if it will happen again.

Would you mind moving to Atlanta ;-)

-Joe

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Thanks, so much, for replying, HarleyGuy.

So, I did take it to a Fisker tech today after I quit freaking out and thought clearly enough to jump start it, I took it in and they tested everything (in front of me). We got right at 13 v at the APM. I also had them test the OBCM with their charging cable and mine. I has them take the pAnel off and test the 12v as well.

So, the good news is that nothing expensive seems to be malfunctioning. The bad news is we still really have no idea what caused it and, hence, no idea if it will happen again.

Would you mind moving to Atlanta ;-)

-Joe
I like Atlanta but not that much .
If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.

·
Registered
261 Posts
this happened to me one year ago. Car dead in my garage with no mechanic within 100 miles. Lasted 10 days and then car started up on its own, and never had a problem since. Guess the Karma needed a little R&R

·
Registered
79 Posts
You mean in the middle of the night the Karma started honking the horn to get you out for a drive............ :p

this happened to me one year ago. Car dead in my garage with no mechanic within 100 miles. Lasted 10 days and then car started up on its own, and never had a problem since. Guess the Karma needed a little R&R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts