Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the research stage of my search for a Karma.
Seems there's lots to know and look out for.
Appreciate any and all help, especially from local owners
that would be willing to chat and share their knowledge and experience.
Look forward to becoming an owner soon!

·
Registered
334 Posts
In the research stage of my search for a Karma.
Seems there's lots to know and look out for.
Appreciate any and all help, especially from local owners
that would be willing to chat and share their knowledge and experience.
Look forward to becoming an owner soon!

@BruceWayne - good luck. There's a ton of great information and years of history from many owners who lived through the growing pains.

This sticky thread is a good starting point:

http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/4473-fisker-karma-buyers-checklist.html

Your login name is fitting as this car almost looks like the BatMobile.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi. I am a GTA (Oakville owner). In my honest and humble opinion, you are better off (for now at least) buying one of these cars from an actual CSP dealer such as the CSP in Montreal or the CSP in Vaughn. You may pay a little extra like a couple of thousand extra but it is worth the total piece of mind. Why? because they will do the basic checks and sometimes thorough checks to ensure what they are selling is indeed a good product as they don't want a bad reputation or bad press or a pissed off client. I have had dealings with both CSPs in Montreal and Vaughn and they are both excellent at customer service and in providing you with valuable and honest and good information. If you do find a Fisker privately, then take it to the Vaughn dealer, pay them a couple of hundred dollars for a thorough check through and it will be worth every penny. No matter how many things you check on these cars yourself, they can always surprise you in a bad way, so get the car checked out or buy it from a CSP. The Montreal CSP have a few on sale right now. I don't know about stock at the Vaughn CSP. The Vaughn CSP is Grand Touring Automobiles. Call them up and ask what they have on sale or if they know of any for sale. Honestly, their prices are very reasonable. If you want to talk to me, PM me and I will have a chat with you about what to look out for, but I will totally advise you against risking it and buying it privately without a thorough check through by a CSP. Generally, there are not too many of these around in Canada, and the one that is for sale at the Montreal CSP is a real nice Eco Chic one, if they still have it for sale.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome.

All good advice, I am being especially careful on this purchase.
Been around cars a long time , taken on a lot of DIY repairs and fabrication but this is a different animal.
I will definitely have dealer inspection done if and when I am able to find a car
that interests me.
Look forward to chatting with you Zee, you'll find my contact info in your PM box.

thanks again...cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bruce

There was no PM in my box!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Thank you for the welcome.

All good advice, I am being especially careful on this purchase.
Been around cars a long time , taken on a lot of DIY repairs and fabrication but this is a different animal.
I will definitely have dealer inspection done if and when I am able to find a car
that interests me.
Look forward to chatting with you Zee, you'll find my contact info in your PM box.

thanks again...cheers

@BruceWayne, another good reason to buy your Karma from a CSP is that they can offer a factory certified car that comes with a 2-year factory warranty. This is a very recent option from Karma, which you cannot get from a private seller.

Good luck with the search and we will be happy to welcome you back as a new owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's here!!!

Took a bit longer than expected but we are now the proud owners of a White sand on black ecosport #2086 . More info and pics to follow.
Thanks to Dave at Montreal Karma, Fisker Philly and Harley Guy for taking the time to answer my questions.

Cheers

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Took a bit longer than expected but we are now the proud owners of a White sand on black ecosport #2086 . More info and pics to follow.
Thanks to Dave at Montreal Karma, Fisker Philly and Harley Guy for taking the time to answer my questions.

Cheers
welcome, but bruce i must ask, did you pick white to offset the other "black car" in the cave? you know people will see right thru it, karmas, no matter what color, resemble the bat mobile ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welcome, but bruce i must ask, did you pick white to offset the other "black car" in the cave? you know people will see right thru it, karmas, no matter what color, resemble the bat mobile ;-)
Too many black cars already...my lady loves black cars but I'm the one who has to maintain them so very happy that she agreed on the white. Plus.. I think it looks stunning in white.

Of course my "work" car is black...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts