Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear members,

Last Monday my Fisker arrived! It's number 1609, EcoSport Dutch Edition, deep ocean blue, 46000 km. What a beauty it is!

Because of change of job location, my Renault Fluence Z.E. was not able to reach this location on a single charge (22kwh). After contemplating about a new car the choice was in the end between an Opel E-ampera/Chevrolet Bolt, BMW i3 REX and a Fisker (occasion). Why driving an all electric Opel when a Fisker is almost the same price?

The car is in excellent condition except that I noticed after some rain that the lower compartment in the trunk is filled with water and fungus growing at different places!? Is anyone of you familiar with this defect? Thanks in advance!

Image of the problem at this link (because the above one doesn't work):

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmgCf2X79qUfhY51I784EPVKRgXCcg

·
Registered
888 Posts
Oha! This doesn't look nice.

I had this with another car. To check, where the water came in, I placed a ring of toilet paper in the trunk, along the rubber to the trunk lid, hold by tape.

Then I closed the trunk and used a garden hose to spill water over the trunk from all angles...
I dried the outside (to not distort this highly scientific experiment) and opened the trunk.

I found the corner, where the water came in and took actions from there...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. It seems the space below the floor of the trunk gets full of water that perculates upward trough the floor of the trunk. Any idea what place can be 'the usual suspect' of leakage?

Thanks in advance.

Bart

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Bart,

Beside the flooded or sunken Karmas, I never heard about wet trunks.
So the might not be a 'usual' area.

I also haven't heard about water percolating upward in that amount.

Give it a try, checking whether it comes from above.

Are you aware of a hit, the Karma took in an accident?
Maybe something, which has not been fixed entirely...

Why not bringing it to the guy who sold it to you?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Stefan,

The issue will be taken care of and the bill will go to the company I bought the car from. I will keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts