Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm the owner of a 2013 Fisker Karma ES.

I live in the South of Switzerland, and I'm very happy of the car, I never had any major problem. A couples of little problems to solve, but in general it works fine! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! :)

I live in the South of Switzerland, in the Alps, I love my place, but to get home with the Fisker is a everyday challenge. My private road crosses the bush. It's about half a mile, and the car passes with only a few inches from both sides...Lucky I have a long off-road driving experience!
This week it's snowing, so the Fisker it's parked...But as soon as I can drive it again, I'll make a short video....It's definitely different driving an American car on the large US roads, and driving it on the narrow and twisty Swiss Alps roads....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Black Cat; I shipped most of the vehicles to Switzerland from Zeebrugge, Belgium. I also oversaw the rework of most of the Fisker Karmas that transferred through the Wallenius Wilhelmsen port of Zeebrugge. Let me know your VIN number and I can tell you what campaigns (reworks) were performed on your vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I life in Switzerland too. have my Fisker for a week now and already ruined my front rim. Where do you find tires in Switzerland?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I life in Switzerland too. have my Fisker for a week now and already ruined my front rim. Where do you find tires in Switzerland?
The tire store they are Goodyear tires also look on Tire Rack not sure they ship overseas . Where do you buy your tires now?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi black cat. have you ever tried to find tires in Switzerland for the Fisker? I am seeking since yesterday and I haven't found a dealer with the side for the front wheels. My dealer Emil Frey made me a quote but this is horrendous expensive. Tire Rack does not export to Switzerland :-(

·
Registered
79 Posts
good to know! I ordered some tires now from US but next time I will ask Lormax. I have not yet found new rims here in Europe. maybe you know more about?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
All the new rims I had have been sold. I have 6 rims left, a mix of both front and rear, and each have been reconditioned professionally and look pristine. They are quite a bit cheaper than a brand new rim.

I'll be happy to ship them internationally as well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
An auto dealer here in So Cal. He had 10, I've sold a few off. None of the rubber on them was any good so the company that reconditioned the wheels disposed of them for me.

I have 3 more that are painted black, but they look terrible. It almost looks like the owner used a rattle-can to paint them. The 4th was destroyed in the accident that totaled the car. I described them to the same shop and they think they can restore them to factory. I just haven't had a chance to drop them by yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
what price are you thinking about for the rims? I just ruined the third rim today. So maybe it really would make sense to have some spares. At least a front and a back one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Owner from Switzerland

I jus got a new Fisker with 0 Miles 2 months a go. The Car is great and I am from the north part of Switzerland

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi then and welcome.We are not many Fisker drivers here in Switzerland. Which is not bad at all. But maybe we could somehow bring our interest together. So where have you bought your car from? mine is from Emil Frey who is the general importer for Fisker for Europe. At least my understanding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everybody

I've been browsing this Forum for more than 3 months now, so I tought I should also write a welcome message... ;-)

I got my brand new Karma EcoSport "Shadow" (VIN #1648 ) in February and it was also imported by Emil Frey. I love the car, it's a perfect mixture between a sports car and a sedan and it just looks gorgeous!
Had some minor issues so far (dead battery, CIU freezes, windows which opened magically, a MIL indicator every now and then, etc.), but these can be handled...

@Rabitt: Welcome to the club! I just ruined my second rim in a public parking garage on Saturday. Guess we should organize a joint rim shipment from Lormax... ;-) I live in the north east of Switzerland.

Cheers
Yves

·
Registered
13 Posts
By the way: has anyone found a smart solution to afix the front license plate without having to drill holes? I am thinking about screwing some 90 degree angled aluminum pieces from the bottom and the mount the license plate to them.

any thoughts?

cheers
yves

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
I secured my plate holder with Scott removable stickon and thin clear Fishing line - looks good and no drilling.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts