Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of a white eco sport which I absolutely LOVE! #1086

But, because there seems to always be a "but" with FISKER...... I purchased out of Houston and the car was allegedly in "perfect condition." In 2 months I have replaced the cooling fan, muffler, all filters, windshield wipers arm, and a full suspension tweak. It was also supposedly a "non-smoker" which there is a burn on drivers side window panel and I found a pack of black and milds under the seat. I've spent 1k trying to get the smell out and I think I am close.

Things I cannot figure out:
PRND - blinks while driving
Radio presets will not program
Bluetooth will not connect
rear speaker rattles

Adam has been clutch in helping diagnose problems

Other than this, it is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned!!!

2017 Cadillac Escalade
69 Mustang Conv. Grande
77 El camino
2015 Ford F150

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am a new owner of a white eco sport which I absolutely LOVE! #1086

Things I cannot figure out:
rear speaker rattles

Adam has been clutch in helping diagnose problems

Other than this, it is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned!!!
Welcome to the forum, and glad to see that your posting problem was resolved. By long standing tradition, I must ask you to post photos of your new-to-you Karma when you have time. We never get tired of looking at Karmas, ours or others.

In response to your questions:

There has been a fair amount of discussion about this phenomenon in this thread and this one. So far, it has not been associated with any failures. It's either a design flourish, or a harmless bug. It's a bit distracting, especially at night, but generally appears to be harmless.

Some software versions lose the memorized settings and there is not much you can do about it other than to reflash the CIU to an earlier version of the software, for example 510. But if you cannot program a radio station preset (rather than having the presets dissappear) then you may have a defective version of the CIU software and may have to reflash it to make it work.

I use both an IPhone and an Android phone and they both connect with and work just fine with my Karma. The sound quality in Speakerphone mode is not exactly stellar, but generally usable. The sound quality for music streaming is much better and very usable for daily use with both my phones.

If the BT on your car simply does not connect to your phone, this may be another indication that you have to have a dealer re-load the CIU software.

rear speaker rattles
This topic comes up from time to time. See this thread, for example. Depending on whether this is a physical rattle or an electronically created rattling noise, different remedies would have to be deployed. Some quick searching on "rear speaker" or "subwoofer" should bring up some of the existing knowledge about this subject.

Again, welcome to the Fiskerbuzz and to Karma ownership. Hope you have a great experience with your Karma.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Reply PRND switch with 001 part # index. It's a hardware issue and will go away with new design gear selector switch. (I supplied your parts to Harolds Werkstatt by the way lol)
The presets need to reflash CIU which may bring back bluetooth.
Speaker rattle is a general repair

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!! I got really lucky and found a Porsche guy that really likes a challenge!

I do not think my car has ever been updated. As I read the forum, I am confused as to if I should even attempt it. Seems newer versions are worse or bring on more issues? any suggestions? I think I would have to drive to Dallas to do an update? closest?

FiskerPhilly? Are you saying I can order a new PRND switch and it will stop?

Update: New muffler!!! I may as well be driving a brand new vehicle! So nice! no rattles.

Thank you to all who post on this forum and supply outside info/parts. This is all part of the fun of owning this car. I am now late for meeting because i am stuck in a parking lot and sometimes traffic, talking about the car. There are only 2 Fiskers in Louisiana that I know of. I might as well be driving a spaceship.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I personally like the Disco PRND. It's one of the interesting and unique aspects of the car, but YMMV, obviously.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Yeah, but aren't you a child of the disco era (as I am)?!!
:)
Absolutely! In fact here is a photo of me back in the day doing the iconic disco move from SNF. I am the one on the left, BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts