Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2012 EcoSport - Deep Ocean - Monsoon Tritone yesterday from Norwood. Beautiful car, but based on the variety of issues I've already encountered, I'm hopeful that this forum will be a good place to troubleshoot, learn more and even be helpful.

The car works well in Stealth mode, but the engine seems to run into trouble in Sport mode It works well for a while, then the 'check engine' light (which is always on) starts flashing and the engine ceases to kick in at all. This condition has been proceeded by some loud clicking noises (from the front)..somewhere between engine knocking and mechanical clicking. Would love to know if anyone else has encountered anything similar.

Thx!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Welcome 406vent and congratulations on taking delivery! I think you'll find the forum very useful... You'll want to know which version of firmware your car is running as things are changing quickly (mostly for the better).

LonePalmBJ and I (and maybe others) also have Deep Oceans on the way, but pictures have been rare. I think the only ones around are from Dennis. Could we ask you to post a few so we can get a good look at the color? I also have the Monsoon interior (Brent's is Black, I think), so if you wouldn't mind snapping a few of the interior too, I'd be most grateful!

Can't wait to get my own...

Mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
406- congrats and welcome to the family! Please post some pics!

Regarding that noise, I have experienced it as well but have had no issues with the engine. Have put about 350 miles on the car, mostly in Sport and check engine light hasn't come on once. I'm running 6.12.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SoCalGuy said:
406- congrats and welcome to the family! Please post some pics!

Regarding that noise, I have experienced it as well but have had no issues with the engine. Have put about 350 miles on the car, mostly in Sport and check engine light hasn't come on once. I'm running 6.12.
Thanks. This is helpful...I am looking forward to getting this resolved. I'm told that I'm running 6.13. I will be bringing back to dealer next week to see what they can tell me. [hr]
MJM said:
LonePalmBJ and I (and maybe others) also have Deep Oceans on the way, but pictures have been rare. I think the only ones around are from Dennis. Could we ask you to post a few so we can get a good look at the color? I also have the Monsoon interior (Brent's is Black, I think), so if you wouldn't mind snapping a few of the interior too, I'd be most grateful!

Can't wait to get my own...

Mark
Thanks Mark. I'd be happy to post some pictures. Is there a way to do it on this forum or should I try to set up a Picassa or FB link? FWIW, before I saw it in person, I was a bit concerned about the color (especially because color they show on the website looks like a pale blue), but in real life, it's a really cool blue-gray that has different tints in different lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
406vent said:
Thanks Mark. I'd be happy to post some pictures. Is there a way to do it on this forum or should I try to set up a Picassa or FB link? FWIW, before I saw it in person, I was a bit concerned about the color (especially because color they show on the website looks like a pale blue), but in real life, it's a really cool blue-gray that has different tints in different lights.
Thanks 406! Wimbledon has a tutorial for posting & embedding pics here.

http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Tutorial-how-to-share-images-in-your-posts

Basically: photo site with a forum specific embed tag in your post.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully this will work: https://plus.google.com/photos/117744670695892910281/albums/5703081408241765457?authkey=CMfEkeqNkZfecg

Let me know if not and I'll try something else. Tx.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
406vent said:
Hopefully this will work: https://plus.google.com/photos/117744670695892910281/albums/5703081408241765457?authkey=CMfEkeqNkZfecg

Let me know if not and I'll try something else. Tx.
Doesn't work - says we don't have access to this page - you probably need to make the page "public"... you could do the same also on Flickr.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats!

Update: Have linked to 406's flickr for ease of viewing:













More pictures at his link.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
406vent said:
The car works well in Stealth mode, but the engine seems to run into trouble in Sport mode It works well for a while, then the 'check engine' light (which is always on) starts flashing and the engine ceases to kick in at all. This condition has been proceeded by some loud clicking noises (from the front)..somewhere between engine knocking and mechanical clicking. Would love to know if anyone else has encountered anything similar.
Congrats on taking delivery of your car! Fab had a similar performance problem w/ the check-engine light in Sport (also immediately after taking delivery), though I'm not sure he experienced the noises from the engine. A hard reset fixed the problem for him (perhaps 6.13 needs a hard reboot after being installed??)...

<Fab wrote:>
"The drama started as I got on the highway and tried to accelerate beyond 60MPH with the car in Sport mode. The check engine light came on as I tried to accelerate and the engine became very unresponsive. So I pulled into the next exit and into a parking lot and turned off the car to allow it to reset. I waited a couple of minutes, and tried to start the car again and it simply refused to start, flashing the message "No Energy" and just refusing to start up. I tried switching into Sport Mode and Back to no avail. So I turned the car off and called Mr. Naimi who said "I will be there in just a minute" . ...So we did the hard reset thing and when the car came back to life, it started right up and appeared to be working normally. Mr. Naimi suggested that I follow him back to the dealership all on surface streets to see how the car drives. It worked flawlessly and I actually had a fun drive around the Marin back roads, dodging a lot of cyclists. As we got close to the dealership we pulled over to see how the Karma was doing. So I turned the car off. We waited for a minute or two, and I turned on again and Sport mode was working fine and there was no check engine light."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
@406vent: Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on an absolutely beautiful car. I just picked up my car yesterday and initially had some problem with it but I put a 100 miles on it today and it has been working flawlessly in both Stealth and Sport modes. I am running 6.13.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
matrix said:
406vent said:
The car works well in Stealth mode, but the engine seems to run into trouble in Sport mode It works well for a while, then the 'check engine' light (which is always on) starts flashing and the engine ceases to kick in at all. This condition has been proceeded by some loud clicking noises (from the front)..somewhere between engine knocking and mechanical clicking. Would love to know if anyone else has encountered anything similar.
Congrats on taking delivery of your car! Fab had a similar performance problem w/ the check-engine light in Sport (also immediately after taking delivery), though I'm not sure he experienced the noises from the engine. A hard reset fixed the problem for him (perhaps 6.13 needs a hard reboot after being installed??)...

<Fab wrote:>
"The drama started as I got on the highway and tried to accelerate beyond 60MPH with the car in Sport mode. The check engine light came on as I tried to accelerate and the engine became very unresponsive. So I pulled into the next exit and into a parking lot and turned off the car to allow it to reset. I waited a couple of minutes, and tried to start the car again and it simply refused to start, flashing the message "No Energy" and just refusing to start up. I tried switching into Sport Mode and Back to no avail. So I turned the car off and called Mr. Naimi who said "I will be there in just a minute" . ...So we did the hard reset thing and when the car came back to life, it started right up and appeared to be working normally. Mr. Naimi suggested that I follow him back to the dealership all on surface streets to see how the car drives. It worked flawlessly and I actually had a fun drive around the Marin back roads, dodging a lot of cyclists. As we got close to the dealership we pulled over to see how the Karma was doing. So I turned the car off. We waited for a minute or two, and I turned on again and Sport mode was working fine and there was no check engine light."
Thanks Matrix. Is there an easy way to do hard reset/reboot myself?
[hr]
Fabulist said:
@406vent: Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on an absolutely beautiful car. I just picked up my car yesterday and initially had some problem with it but I put a 100 miles on it today and it has been working flawlessly in both Stealth and Sport modes. I am running 6.13.

-- Fab.
Thanks. Congrats on yours as well. I'm hopeful that I can sort out this issue as smoothly as you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
406vent said:
Thanks Matrix. Is there an easy way to do hard reset/reboot myself?
The cable/plug for the main battery is located under the hood on the passenger side. Disconnecting it for a few seconds (maybe 30 secs) performs a hard reboot. You may want to check with your dealer to confirm the correct procedure, but I was told the plug is accessible for owners to use if a hard reset is required.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
matrix said:
406vent said:
Thanks Matrix. Is there an easy way to do hard reset/reboot myself?
The cable/plug for the main battery is located under the hood on the passenger side. Disconnecting it for a few seconds (maybe 30 secs) performs a hard reboot. You may want to check with your dealer to confirm the correct procedure, but I was told the plug is accessible for owners to use if a hard reset is required.
Thanks. I dropped the car back at the dealership, so hopefully they'll sort things out! I'll keep you posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car back from the dealership with the latest rev of the software (I was told 6.13.5). So far, so good. They also explained the other issues that caused some concern: 1) the engine cutting out is fairly common as it takes a while to break the engine in; 2) the clicking noise on sharp turns is a result of slippage of the electric motors. Driving this thing is absolutely amazing....never had so much fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
How is the responce on the command center? Will something actually happen when you press the buttons now?:)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top