Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello. I work at a Fisker dealer, and am very excited to catch the buzz here! If you have questions, I would love to try to answer them as accurately as I can, but I'll admit I don't know everything about this incredibly complex vehicle, so "I'm not sure" will have to be an acceptable answer for some of the questions.

Anyway, greetings, and congratulations everyone on your new (and perspective) toys!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
HardReset said:
Just wanted to say hello. I work at a Fisker dealer, and am very excited to catch the buzz here! If you have questions, I would love to try to answer them as accurately as I can, but I'll admit I don't know everything about this incredibly complex vehicle, so "I'm not sure" will have to be an acceptable answer for some of the questions.

Anyway, greetings, and congratulations everyone on your new (and perspective) toys!
I like your name. Unfortunately that's what some of the Karma owners have had to do (HardReset). Fortunately I have not had to perform a hard reset yet although my dealer showed me how when I took possession of my Karma.
Anyway, welcome to the gang. I'm sure we will all appreciate your contributions to FiskerBuzz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marswill said:
HardReset said:
Just wanted to say hello. I work at a Fisker dealer, and am very excited to catch the buzz here! If you have questions, I would love to try to answer them as accurately as I can, but I'll admit I don't know everything about this incredibly complex vehicle, so "I'm not sure" will have to be an acceptable answer for some of the questions.

Anyway, greetings, and congratulations everyone on your new (and perspective) toys!
I like your name. Unfortunately that's what some of the Karma owners have had to do (HardReset). Fortunately I have not had to perform a hard reset yet although my dealer showed me how when I took possession of my Karma.
Anyway, welcome to the gang. I'm sure we will all appreciate your contributions to FiskerBuzz.
I know the tale. Glad to hear that you've been relatively trouble free, and even gladder to know that your dealer showed you the procedure when you took delivery. Very good stuff.

doug said:
interesting choice of user name
Thanks ;)

In all seriousness, as I am sure you all know, the software is getting much better, and ever since 6.14 software has come available, we've been seeing fewer issues requiring any kind of intervention. I know that Fisker is working hard to iron out all the wrinkles in the Karma, and we're working hard to keep our customers as happy as possible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
HardReset said:
marswill said:
HardReset said:
Just wanted to say hello. I work at a Fisker dealer, and am very excited to catch the buzz here! If you have questions, I would love to try to answer them as accurately as I can, but I'll admit I don't know everything about this incredibly complex vehicle, so "I'm not sure" will have to be an acceptable answer for some of the questions.

Anyway, greetings, and congratulations everyone on your new (and perspective) toys!
I like your name. Unfortunately that's what some of the Karma owners have had to do (HardReset). Fortunately I have not had to perform a hard reset yet although my dealer showed me how when I took possession of my Karma.
Anyway, welcome to the gang. I'm sure we will all appreciate your contributions to FiskerBuzz.
I know the tale. Glad to hear that you've been relatively trouble free, and even gladder to know that your dealer showed you the procedure when you took delivery. Very good stuff.

doug said:
interesting choice of user name
Thanks ;)

In all seriousness, as I am sure you all know, the software is getting much better, and ever since 6.14 software has come available, we've been seeing fewer issues requiring any kind of intervention. I know that Fisker is working hard to iron out all the wrinkles in the Karma, and we're working hard to keep our customers as happy as possible!
So what is Fisker telling you on when we can see our 6.15 release?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fisker is very close to the chest when it comes to stuff like that. We don't really know when the software is going to come out until it does. If I hear of anything, I'll definitely let you know though!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
91 Posts
Its great to have another person on the forum who actually knows what they are talking about, hard reset...........unlike most of the rest of us........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks OC

It's definitely a learning experience for us as a dealer, but I know that Fisker is collecting as much raw data as possible to make their cars as good as is humanly possible. We're excited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found out that 6.15 software is in testing... cars are being driven ~3,000 miles per day! When we get it, it should be very solid.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
HardReset said:
Found out that 6.15 software is in testing... cars are being driven ~3,000 miles per day! When we get it, it should be very solid.
Fisker must be buying Redbull and 5-Hour Energy drink by the pallet for these guys. I hope they at least let them take bathroom breaks. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
3000 miles per day with the rumored 20 cars being tested isn't many miles per car, but as many issues are happening during stopping/starting, this makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6.15 software is on the not to distant horizon! It addresses a number of issues and fixes them completely, while making others better, but not completely fixed. We are excited to begin loading this software on customer cars, but are still not exactly sure when it will be made available. We are guessing it will be sometime in early April.

Note: these updates have been taking around 3 hours per vehicle if everything goes perfectly. A lot of them have taken all day, so please be patient with your dealer in scheduling an appointment for this update!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
HardReset said:
Note: these updates have been taking around 3 hours per vehicle if everything goes perfectly. A lot of them have taken all day, so please be patient with your dealer in scheduling an appointment for this update!
Why does it take so long to update software? Do individual modules have to be flashed separately or does verifying the load process take all the time? I am just curious. Seems like a long time to load software but I don't really have a proper point of reference for what it takes to update the software in a car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
HardReset said:
6.15 software is on the not to distant horizon! It addresses a number of issues and fixes them completely, while making others better, but not completely fixed. We are excited to begin loading this software on customer cars, but are still not exactly sure when it will be made available. We are guessing it will be sometime in early April.

Note: these updates have been taking around 3 hours per vehicle if everything goes perfectly. A lot of them have taken all day, so please be patient with your dealer in scheduling an appointment for this update!
Do you know if 6.15 will give us a working Solar Screen and Navigation?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Fab, I think he mentioned before that individual modules have to be flashed and if they fail reflashed, thats what takes so long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fabulist said:
HardReset said:
Note: these updates have been taking around 3 hours per vehicle if everything goes perfectly. A lot of them have taken all day, so please be patient with your dealer in scheduling an appointment for this update!
Why does it take so long to update software? Do individual modules have to be flashed separately or does verifying the load process take all the time? I am just curious. Seems like a long time to load software but I don't really have a proper point of reference for what it takes to update the software in a car.
Yes, each software level involves flashing specific modules.  Fisker is actually working on improving the interface that we see on our side too, which may speed the process.

SoCalGuy said:
HardReset said:
6.15 software is on the not to distant horizon! It addresses a number of issues and fixes them completely, while making others better, but not completely fixed. We are excited to begin loading this software on customer cars, but are still not exactly sure when it will be made available. We are guessing it will be sometime in early April.

Note: these updates have been taking around 3 hours per vehicle if everything goes perfectly. A lot of them have taken all day, so please be patient with your dealer in scheduling an appointment for this update!
Do you know if 6.15 will give us a working Solar Screen and Navigation?
What do you mean by "working solar screen" and "navigation?" I do know that some sort of error message has been addressed on the infotainment screen.

kabalah70 said:
Fab, I think he mentioned before that individual modules have to be flashed and if they fail reflashed, thats what takes so long.
Bingo.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top