Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name's Ben and I'm from Asheville NC. I'm very excited about the prospect of purchasing my first Karma! I've done a good amount of research (I feel like), and my main concerns are:

1. The closest dealer is in Atlanta GA (3hrs away) so servicing may be an issue
2. The recalls/software updates that may have not been done (hoping getting a pre-inspection will help)

Is there anyone that lives in my area who can give me some insight on how owning one has been with no service center super close? I plan on using this as my daily driver fyi.

Thanks in advance and pumped to be part of this community!

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Hello all,

My name's Ben and I'm from Asheville NC. I'm very excited about the prospect of purchasing my first Karma! I've done a good amount of research (I feel like), and my main concerns are:

1. The closest dealer is in Atlanta GA (3hrs away) so servicing may be an issue
2. The recalls/software updates that may have not been done (hoping getting a pre-inspection will help)

Is there anyone that lives in my area who can give me some insight on how owning one has been with no service center super close? I plan on using this as my daily driver fyi.

Thanks in advance and pumped to be part of this community!
Hello Ben, while I am not in your area...I am in Atlanta. I had a car checked out by Chad here and I walked away from it (nothing major). I would give him a call and ask him if he has any leads.

Also, I recommend checking out FiskerPhilly and HarleyGuy to see what they have. They could sell you one with a 2 year warranty and peace of mind!

I can tell you my experiences as I bought my Karma 6 weeks ago! I bought private party from a board member here. I had the car shipped from CA and it was serviced by a CSP locally. I tested 3 other cars here Atlanta and brought 1 in to Chad to give it the once over, he charged me $250 to look at it. In the end I am extremely happy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would assume that car has some accident history or some significant issue to drop it's value under $50K. Most "good cars" are still selling over $60K in the U.S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's what I was thinking but it has no accident history and the dealer has 100% positive reviews on ebay.. It says updated software as well..

"PLEASE NOTE: FISKER IS NOW BACK IN BUSINESS! YES...PARTS ARE AVAILABLE!
THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN SERVICED AND HAS THE CURRENT SOFTWARE BASELINE 520, 530 AND 535 UPDATE COMPLETED AT LAMBORGHINI OF PALM BEACH!"

.. If it passes pre-purchase inspection by someone in S.fla I may move on this one unless someone here really thinks its a bad idea..

***A little background on me, I know close to nothing about cars, but I LOVE the Karma.. so Im open to any and all help from knowledgeable Karma owners!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That's what I was thinking but it has no accident history and the dealer has 100% positive reviews on ebay.. It says updated software as well..

"PLEASE NOTE: FISKER IS NOW BACK IN BUSINESS! YES...PARTS ARE AVAILABLE!
THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN SERVICED AND HAS THE CURRENT SOFTWARE BASELINE 520, 530 AND 535 UPDATE COMPLETED AT LAMBORGHINI OF PALM BEACH!"

.. If it passes pre-purchase inspection by someone in S.fla I may move on this one unless someone here really thinks its a bad idea..

***A little background on me, I know close to nothing about cars, but I LOVE the Karma.. so Im open to any and all help from knowledgeable Karma owners!
Give me a call tomorrow. I know that car, I sold and delivered VIN 844 new and serviced it through the 2nd owner who lived in NY. It's not what it seems. I can tell you all about it.
Phone # on my website
FiskerofCherryHill.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Give me a call tomorrow. I know that car, I sold and delivered VIN 844 new and serviced it through the 2nd owner who lived in NY. It's not what it seems. I can tell you all about it.
Phone # on my website
FiskerofCherryHill.com

Will do, thanks I appreciate everyone's help already!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Look for a car that seems like the owner is sad about selling it! :) (Had their 3rd kid, or a hip replacement and can't get in it anymore -- something like that!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts