Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the heated seats powered by the 12 volts battery or the main battery. I know the A/C is powered by the main battery right? Currently my fan heater does not work so I put all 4 heated seats on and it seems to heat up the car fairly well providing I leave from my garage. When a dealer exists within 100km then I can get the fan heater repaired, until this this is my solution.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long do you think the 12 volt battery could run all 4 seat warmers before it ran out of power? I know the HV battery will charge the 12volt battery in the ready position or when driving so it will never go empty, but assuming it didn't recharge.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
How long do you think the 12 volt battery could run all 4 seat warmers before it ran out of power? I know the HV battery will charge the 12volt battery in the ready position or when driving so it will never go empty, but assuming it didn't recharge.
I don't know the answer to your question, but in order to turn on the seat heaters, the CIU needs to be on, which means that the car has to be at least in Accessory mode. This means that seat heaters can only be activated when the HV battery is charging the 12V battery. I can't think of a situation when the car will allow you to run the seat heaters just on the 12V battery.

This is just based on personal experience, so I invite more knowledgable parties to correct me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The seat heater works off the 12V.
The Karma will let you turn on the seat heater even in accessory mode.
Only 1 caveat here: the 12V system has low voltage detection, and when it sees the 12V is too low, it will start disabling components based on safety priority. The seat heater for example is one of the first components to be disabled when such an event happens.

Some people have complained in the past that sometimes seat heater doesn't work, and then after driving for a while, it is able to be turned on again. This is exactly that scenario. When the Karma is first turned on, depending on your 12 volt battery condition and weather conditions, it COULD trigger this "low voltage event" and the seat heater will be disabled until the system sees enough charge on the 12 volt battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts