Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow forum members. As Winter is almost here, and I don't want to be stranded somewhere cold and nasty due to a bad or weak 12V battery, I have three questions:

1. How can I check the health of the battery without actually getting to its terminals? Can I muse my check device somewhere else on some other terminals that represent the battery life?

2. Just in case I do get stranded because of a bad or weak battery, exactly where is this elusive battery located and how does one get to it to change it? Any diagrams? Do I have to take the passenger front wheel off to do this?

3. After changing it, do we have to do a re-flash or is it like any other car, just get in and all will be fine?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Ira and Harleyguy. The battery is likely the original battery but it had always been fully maintained and never given any trouble. I will likely pull off the wheel and look at the old battery. I have had other cars (not Karma) die on me because of four or five year old batteries and don't want the same thing happening here. If I do change the battery, do I have to do anything special to the car before starting? Also, any specific model and make anyone suggets Thanks

·
Registered
859 Posts
My 12V battery is fine at the moment but Pat's Garage is changing it next week for preventative maintenance. It's covered under the CSP.

It sounds like you're into a DIY, and if so, contact Karma Automotive or any CSP for the specs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will, thanks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just did mine a few months ago. The heat out here kills lead batteries faster than the cold. Didn't want to be "stuck" somewhere not able to get into the car someday.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim; They advised all is OK with the battery. I was just wondering where it was and how to pull it. Now, I know just in case it dies.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Step 1: Disconnect 12v and Pull Front Passenger Side Wheel.
Step 2: Remove inner fender liner
Step 3: Remove battery tie-downs
Step 4: Remove current sensor and terminals
Step 5: Reverse Procedure ( I use odyssey batteries in my Karma's and they are great)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks very much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts