Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Date: December 20, 2013, 6:57:03 PM EST
To: [REDACTED]
Cc: [REDACTED]
Subject: GRID, Techinfo and the TSS systems will be shut down over the holidays!

Dear Fisker partner,

We are moving our IT datacenter over the holidays. As a result, the GRID, Techinfo and the TSS system will be shut down starting December 25th, 2013. We plan to have all systems back up and running by the first week of January, and no later than January 13. You can contact any of the Fisker team members by email if you have any urgent requests for support over that period of time.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for being the Moral Police, but I found it funny that Fisker decided to cut off all contact with customers but sends out emails like these. Now if they have questions they know who to talk to.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If that's the attitude you want to take with it. With the bankruptcy proceedings going on, what questions do you expect them to be able to answer?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Thanks for being the Moral Police, but I found it funny that Fisker decided to cut off all contact with customers but sends out emails like these. Now if they have questions they know who to talk to.
I redacted the email addresses. The point is made without exposing a bunch of email addresses to the world for abuse.

·
320 Posts
I redacted the email addresses. The point is made without exposing a bunch of email addresses to the world for abuse.
Why do you automatically assume they would be abused? Do we seem like a group that would do so?

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Why do you automatically assume they would be abused? Do we seem like a group that would do so?
Anyone can read the forum posts, not just FiskerBuzz members.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Absolutely not, but there are automated systems that scour the public pages on the Internet looking for valid email addresses to use for spamming or other nefarious purposes. This forum is public and can be searched by these types of systems and anything in a valid email format is fair game. You may have noticed that on public forums, folks post addresses as "Name (AT) Domain (DOT) com" or similar formats that are readily recognizable to a human, but do not look like a valid email address to a spider collecting emails. That is done for the same reason, i.e. to hide the information from email-scanning spiders.

That's what I am worried about, not that someone actually on this forum would abuse the email addresses. Also, it's just not necessary to expose the email addresses to make the point that was being made. When a poster exposes their own email address publicly, I don't get particularly worked up, but exposing other folks valid email addresses without their permission is just discourteous.

·
Karma #70 SE
28 Posts
Owner And Fisker Emails

Understanding that Fisker is dormant/gone, is there still a point of registration somewhere where owners and vin numbers are still maintained as a library? I assume that Fisker in any form should it emerge, would benefit by being able to communicate with existing owners. The email string above would suggest that there is a list held somewhere. If so, does anyone know where current/new owners might register?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts