Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an odd experience today - my car was hooked up to a ChargePoint and had just completed charging, so I strolled out to disconnect the charger and move the car away from the EV parking spot.

I powered up the car and on the dashboard, I was presented with a red battery symbol with an explanation mark in the middle and a blinking green "Ready" text above. The car would not shift into "D".

I gave the gurus at Pat's Garage a call and they advised that I disconnect the 12V plug under the hood and wait for 10 minutes. Well, the first time I didn't wait long enough (lesson learned) and the dashboard lit up with every warning symbol imaginable. After waiting the full amount of time, all was well and I was able to drive the car up to San Francisco to get 530 installed (and a few other items).

What surprised me is that I did not lose satellite radio settings or others.

Pat will be looking into this, but anyone else had this odd experience? Know what it is?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If you have a problem like that again don't be so fast to do a hard reset let the car go to sleep then try starting it again. If you do a hard reset chances are you erased any fault codes that would of been stored .
As far as losing radio presets you shouldn't but the calibrate parking brake should be flashing.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - good to know for next time - patience might still be a virtue.

I did see the flashing parking brake symbol - so I set and unset the brake, which cleared that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My car did something weird like that after parking at the mall and plugging in to their free chargers. When I unplugged and started the car the big triangle of death and "reduced performance contact service center warning" came on.

So I drove home urgently texting Joe and he said just let it go to sleep and try it again in a while. That worked but I was left with the check engine light - so I have a code reader/clearer I keep in the glove box and I just cleared one code and it was fine again with no repeat.

Seemed somehow related to the public charger as that have never happened to me in 18 months of ownership otherwise.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Chargepoint does that to me once in a while (2 times now) Green "Ready" light is flashing and it will not go into Drive. I don't want to wait the 3-5 minutes for the car to go to sleep so I just unplug and then replug in the fat black wire on the passenger side hood and then it resets and everything works fine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had a weird one last year similar thing. My car would show that it was in ACC mode, even when I started it normally. I could Drive it, but it wouldn't turn the dash off. And, it wouldn't show me my speed. Just happened once, and on a rare day I had to drive it in the rain. But, a reset fixed it. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Fortunately, I only had to "pull the connector" once in 4 years. I tried the sleep and start again to no avail. The car wouldn't shut off, radio stayed on, no fault lights on the dash. Of course it was the coldest winter day (as cold as ATL gets), so the 2 minutes seemed like hours. The wind was howling, and blowing in the direction the against the hood. Of course with cold hands and trying to manipulate the connector for the first time, and waiting the prescribed 10 minutes was not very enjoyable.

That was 2 years ago, and the failure -- what ever -- has never recurred. I surmise something in the software or memory lost it bits. I too was amazed that the radio presets and other "stuff" didn't have to be re-keyed. Started up... drove away and turned on the HEAT.

·
Registered
289 Posts
had that twice during the time i have the car, last time was few days ago, i was always waiting until the card goes to sleep (P light goes off) and when i start it again after 2-3 mins it comes back with the ready not flashing and everything preforming well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts