Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Facebook message from an upset Fisker owner in Europe to Fisker-

I look forward for facts... promises from fisker are 2 years old. promises from thenewfisker was given 8 months ago... promises, promises - always only promises. everywhere on my car on all 4 doors in the area of the door lockers there was oxidation (salt! used it in ONE winter in austria). i invest 5.500 euro to fix it in the body shop because i wanna sell the car!!! chrome parts under the windows still have oxidation, this costs at least 1.000 euro again (and parts didnt come since 2 months so i could not sell the car), a faulty electric motor (10.000 euro?!) because the cooling system is loosing cooling liquid... i have fixed the electric motor with jb-weld last winter... it looks that this solved the problem but when the problem exists i had the car 9 months and should have over 3 years warranty!!! problems with the hardware are after 50.000 km so big now that i say nothing about this piece of **** callied software (navigation, air condition, bluetooth phone connection, not working parking system in hill mode and so on)... the quality of a fisker is a desaster for a 8.000 euro car... but hold on, it costs 137.000 euro 18 months ago and it is impossible to sell (my car is completly repaired by my own costs and has the look of a factory new car!!!) over 40.000 euro because thenewfisker gives no official statement. only promises.

Rebuttal from Linyun Frank Qi of Wanxiang America, he is the Fisker Coordinator.

I am going to talk to you as regular fellow here and not as an employee of Wanxiang. First, i am really sorry for your situation. If i brought a Karma and the same thing happened to me. I would be furious too. I can't afford one, but if my current ride suddenly failed and the car company just "no longer existed", i would not only be hella angry, i would lose the means to to to work. however, I hope you can understand what happened to you is not my wrong doing nor the new Fisker's wrong doing. Wanxiang don't have anything to do with Fisker when you brought the car. After the Old Fisker went bankrupt and then Wanxiang came in. imaging if no company made a purchase of the old fisker. Then you won't even have the new Fisker around today to rant to. You rant and your anger is absolutely justified, i am with you on that. If you want to find Mr. Fisker and yelled at him, you really should. However, the new team didn't make that happen, the new Fisker didn't make that happen. I know many of them who just started working at Fisker today, they are good people and want to make the company good again. They also want help the current Karma owners, badly. If you go check the timeline on google, try check Wall Street Journal, it was on July 28th, the judge just approved Chapter 11 plan that will distribute money raised in the bankruptcy sale. By law, there is nothing the new Fisker can do at all before that and that was a month ago. You said in your earlier post, that 8 month ago, the new fisker made promises to you, but 8 month ago, the new Fisker doesn't exist. Wanxiang didn't win the auction yet. So i don't know who you have talked to that made any promises to you. And as i have explained in my first post, when Wanxiang first acquired Fisker, we had less than 15 people, then we hired 5 more right away, just so we can keep the lights on. I know you would like all 20 people to immediately work on you issue. I would too, that's a normal feeling. But that would be impossible, even if they want to just help you alone, our network and data file were all locked since the past Fisker couldn't pay the bill. The new Fisker must stand alive first before they can take better care of the original owners, which includes you but not limited to you. And now with about 80 new people on the job, we find ourselves in a position to seriously look at a plan for the original owners now. I hope the new Team will take care you, because you deserve it. But i hope you understand a process which takes to grow a company like Fisker to that point, it's only been around 6 month since we have won the auction. While that maybe way too long for you, which i understand totally, and if you in the end just want to sell you Karma, that's okay too. But i do hope that you stay and be more patient, at least wait for the new Fisker team to come up with a new plan, which you may not like, then sell the car. And if you want, i will help you talk to them personally. I am not your enemy and the new team isn't either. The older fisker really let you down, and i am very sorry. I hope we can make you feel better in the future. btw, I notice on your facebook page and seems like you just got married. Congratulations! I am still single and makes very little money. I worked hard and i am a nice guy. Trust me, i should be the one who rant every day. But God doesn't give a ****.

·
Registered
479 Posts
They could both stand to learn where the <enter> key is on their computer. Don't even get me started on spelling and grammar. Holy lord. :D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
They could both stand to learn where the <enter> key is on their computer. Don't even get me started on spelling and grammar. Holy lord. :D
I'm guessing that Frank is probably Chinese and I'm absolutely positive that his English is infinitely better than my Chinese, even though I travel to China a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
To be fair, this is a cut and paste from Facebook. On FB, if you want to insert paragraph breaks, you have to press Shift-<Enter>, if you press <Enter> without holding down Shift, all you do is post whatever you have written so far. Very few users know about this trick, so we get the dense blocks of text.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I'm guessing that Frank is probably Chinese and I'm absolutely positive that his English is infinitely better than my Chinese, even though I travel to China a lot.
I don't think it is a language issue. See my post above about putting in paragraph breaks in FB posts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You guys crack me up - Fisker is resurrected after a long period of uncertainty, and we are concerned about punctuation? Everybody must be so giddy about finally getting this wonderful car being supported again, talking about not seeing the forrest for all the trees - or maybe in this case it's the other way around............lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
You guys crack me up - Fisker is resurrected after a long period of uncertainty, and we are concerned about punctuation? Everybody must be so giddy about finally getting this wonderful car being supported again, talking about not seeing the forrest for all the trees - or maybe in this case it's the other way around............lol
Exactly my point. People are wound way too tight about the new Fisker and what it all means. Sit back and relax...it can only get better from here on out. But seriously, it was nearly impossible for me to read that exchange.

Did you spell forest wrong just to fvck with me? lol.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lmao, totally NOT the direction I was heading w this thread...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Personally, I love the candid tone of Frank. It wasn't so long ago these boards were filled with gloom and doom regarding a complete absence of corporate communication and now it seems there is a real human being with a conscience who is hearing us. I feel more optimistic today than anytime since I bought my Karma. Thanks Frank.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Personally, I love the candid tone of Frank. It wasn't so long ago these boards were filled with gloom and doom regarding a complete absence of corporate communication and now it seems there is a real human being with a conscience who is hearing us. I feel more optimistic today than anytime since I bought my Karma. Thanks Frank.
Agreed. That's definitely positive progress.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a good message from the original post, that we Karma owners are not alone and with a little patience, the New Fisker company may have some better news for us. Thanks for the post FiskerPhilly. I would not have seen it otherwise.

keeping optimistic with a smile as I drive my Karma down the road......

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
from the same thread on Facebook -- in translated german to english -- here you go - enjoy

Daniel Hirschböck - i'm not allowed to tell everything and he was not allowed to tell me everything, but its very positive for "first owners" (early adaptors - i dont know how it is handled for people who buyed a cheap, used karma to the half of the price or less). for me its important that they dont **** on us early adaptors who payed >130.000 euro and have problems since 2 years as i thinked before ... he told me, that in a few weeks its official with the warranty - all people will be satisfied with the solution. and he told me that the rollout of the software (depends on Quantum - the manufactorer of the karma drive train) in a few months (ready since one year - but they are not allowed to rollout). and everything they make better on the "new karma" it could be done for the old one to. also it is possible to change the complete entertainment system (the biggest **** in the karma - but maybe the software update helps to live with it) to the modern one (internet...) of the "new karma" - should be in the X.XXX Euro price region. for me its good to know that they are thinking about that henrik fisker not receives money for every fisker sold in feature - because the name fisker nobody knows (my opinion). and its good for us owner, because then we have a car from a brand where you will get parts from the new brand but no new car with this brand will be build again. so if you have one, dont sell it (now) under value, because value would increase soon.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
from the same thread on Facebook -- in translated german to english -- here you go - enjoy

Daniel Hirschböck - i'm not allowed to tell everything and he was not allowed to tell me everything, but its very positive for "first owners" (early adaptors - i dont know how it is handled for people who buyed a cheap, used karma to the half of the price or less). for me its important that they dont **** on us early adaptors who payed >130.000 euro and have problems since 2 years as i thinked before ... he told me, that in a few weeks its official with the warranty - all people will be satisfied with the solution. and he told me that the rollout of the software (depends on Quantum - the manufactorer of the karma drive train) in a few months (ready since one year - but they are not allowed to rollout). and everything they make better on the "new karma" it could be done for the old one to. also it is possible to change the complete entertainment system (the biggest **** in the karma - but maybe the software update helps to live with it) to the modern one (internet...) of the "new karma" - should be in the X.XXX Euro price region. for me its good to know that they are thinking about that henrik fisker not receives money for every fisker sold in feature - because the name fisker nobody knows (my opinion). and its good for us owner, because then we have a car from a brand where you will get parts from the new brand but no new car with this brand will be build again. so if you have one, dont sell it (now) under value, because value would increase soon.

Sorry to be Major Bummer here (yes, I had a field promotion from Captain Obvious), but this post was from a different thread that started with the following post:

had a very nice phone call with barny koehler, founder of fisker. everything will be allright only just a few weeks, maybe months... good news for early adaptors.
(italics added)

The "he" mentioned in the post is in fact one of the people who created this spectacular failure, and I would be very dubious about anything Mr. Koehler tells anyone about the future of New Fisker.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Sorry to be Major Bummer here (yes, I had a field promotion from Captain Obvious), but this post was from a different thread that started with the following post:

(italics added)

The "he" mentioned in the post is in fact one of the people who created this spectacular failure, and I would be very dubious about anything Mr. Koehler tells anyone about the future of New Fisker.
Roger that -- but if you follwed this guy's rant on Facebook , it's the first positive thing he has poseted about Fisker -- so given the background, I think it's worth nothing that something is going down and seems to have value to mention on fisker buzz. yes yes, i know it's bernie, but it is another data point when hope is all we got ;-)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gawd - looks like our future is more like a mine field, AND a house stuffed full with closets and the associated ghosts........ :huh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It sounds like Wanxiang is going in the right direction to help us early adopters. I love my Fisker and am happy as **** that Wanxiang has a man like Frank on board. The future looks a heck of a lot better now than 8 months ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts