Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been given a copy of what we are to write on the claims form? I know someone said someone named Sunni was going to provide us with a generic copy. Do we have that?

This has to be filed by January 27th.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup, Sunni and I were going to go over the form after the meeting that was postponed till Friday, and post something on their sight for us to copy from. I'll touch base with her tomorrow to make sure that is still the plan, even with the meeting postponement.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the response. Can all Karma owners get involved in this claim? If so, how do we claim against Warranty work that has yet to be done?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I've received yet another set of BK paperwork (4-5 sets to date). Can anyone clarify if "us/we" owners are being represented in some way through any of this. I've searched all the threads and all the activity for owner representation stops short of specifics on each of the threads. Thanks in advance for any clarity on this.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I received a second set of claim forms, with a different letter this week. I had previously sent in the 1st set of forms. I think I'll send these in too; I guess it can't hurt?

I see others asking to see how to fill these things out, but I am not a lawyer, just put in what I thought was right, so don't want to mislead anyone. The important thing, I think, is to get your hat in the ring. I can't see a judge tossing any of the customer claims out just because we didn't know how to fill out the claim form exactly the way experienced legal counsel would have.

·
Registered
781 Posts
One of the guys with the bankruptcy company called me today to help me through the form. Long story short is that it's pretty easy as most of the fields do not apply to those of us seeking warranty claim reimbursement. Here is what I know:

1. For the "select a Debtor" option choose "Fisker Automotive, Inc"

2. For the Amount of Claim put in only any out of pocket paid warranty work from the day they went officially bankrupt (which was November). Anything prior to that or in the future does not apply to this form.

3. Basis for Claim is not a real legal description, so I'm just putting "warranty repairs"

4. Boxes 3..5 don't apply, so leave blank.

5. Claim amount in Box 6 is the same as in Box 1.

6. Include photocopies of your sales receipt, registration, and invoices for warranty work you had to pay for.

That's pretty much it. Mail and hope for the best.

-Brian

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
i pretty much did that, but i did put my claim on the battery and buy back they had planned to do, so i put the value at 50K

·
Registered
859 Posts
i pretty much did that, but i did put my claim on the battery and buy back they had planned to do, so i put the value at 50K
Why did you claim the battery? And can you elaborate on the "Buy Back?"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts