Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been building a new house and detached garage and they are both almost complete. In order to infuse the new garage with "good karma". I made sure that the Fisker Karma was the first car to pull into the new garage.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Congratulations. What a garage! I can only imagine what the rest of the house looks like. This would be a great venue for a Good Karma party, btw. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I refuse to let my wife see this picture (for many obvious reasons)...

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
We have been building a new house and detached garage and they are both almost complete. In order to infuse the new garage with "good karma". I made sure that the Fisker Karma was the first car to pull into the new garage.

Where's the charging station? :confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where's the charging station? :confused:
No worries, Fab! The charging area is out of picture frame toward toward the right, nearer the front of the garage and the roll-up doors. Definitely will have to host a Karma party in there after the new year... 9 Karmas should fit, if we can find that many locals to show up!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Beautiful garage. What kind of flooring is that? polished concrete? I like the lightings. Congratulation on your new house and Karma, of course. Your garage is larger than my house, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
No worries, Fab! The charging area is out of picture frame toward toward the right, nearer the front of the garage and the roll-up doors. Definitely will have to host a Karma party in there after the new year... 9 Karmas should fit, if we can find that many locals to show up!
Should not be too hard to find 7 more folks with Karmas in your neck of the woods. :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Heh, my Karma was the first car in my new garage as well. My garage is pretty nice too, but not that nice. :D

(That floor looks like clear epoxy over polished concrete to me. I went for non-clear epoxy over regular concrete, with a tiny bit of sand added to the epoxy finish for anti-slip purposes. Still pretty slippery. Alas, my floor got dirty right away due to us getting two feet of snow the weekend the remodeling people did the open house, which of course had to include the Karma in the garage.)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The floor is epoxy paint with paint chips... they put down the epoxy, then cast around whatever mix of paint chip colors you want in it, wait a day, then scrape off the excess, then seal it with clear epoxy. This picture might give you a better idea of the colors in it: Browns and tans and blacks and white. The surface is not slippery, it has a bit of a slightly gritty feel, it resists oil and stuff, and cleans up nicely.

As for size, the garage is 2100 sf, including the full bathroom and the storage room. The open garage area is 60x30, or 1800sf. This picture is the outside of the detached garage, from about two months ago, while now it has driveways, walkways, and landscaping.

The hillside is getting planted with grapes, softening the move from the house, past the pool, and down the hill to the garage...giving me refuge in the man cave! Back corner of the house shown here, looking toward the garage...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ah, California. :D

(Even in Calif I liked my garage attached rather than detached, for the occasional rainy day. Here, with snow and ice in winter and a billion degrees in summer, I really like my garage attached.)

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I'm in, and will bring some good wine. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
(Even in Calif I liked my garage attached rather than detached, for the occasional rainy day. Here, with snow and ice in winter and a billion degrees in summer, I really like my garage attached.)
I totally agree! Which is why the main house also has a 2 car attached garage...even in California, weather matters!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
See, now you just need 6 more guests with Karmas, only 5 more if you plan to count the Latigo. :D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Quote:
If invited, I could bring my Inferno Karma and some excellent Champagne to celebrate your new Garage.;)

·
Registered
854 Posts

That "garage" is a ballroom! Simply amazing. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
@DaveCarGuy, your garage is incredible. Congratulations!! Where in California do you live? The pic looks like SoCal. I'm in Los Angeles myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice lighting makes it feel more like a community center than a garage!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@DaveCarGuy, your garage is incredible. Congratulations!! Where in California do you live? The pic looks like SoCal. I'm in Los Angeles myself.
Thanks WF...NorCal here, sunny Contra Costa County...where the rolling Oak-treed hills tend to look a lot like parts of SoCal.

And where the garage doubles nicely as a drive-in theater for the Fisker Latigo owner's club.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts