Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I just purchased a Fisker Karma EcoChic a couple of days ago. I do have a couple of problems though. First is that I can not get the glove box to open. First, I thought it might be a fuse so I checked it and it was fine. Second I thought it might be Valet Mode but the trunk still works fine. I am stuck and wondering if anyone has any ideas? I would like to get into the glove box so I can check the owner's manual inside it. Also when I go to the diagnostic screen it does not let me choose any of the items (i.e. tires). Is this normal if everything is working fine?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello Everyone.

I just purchased a Fisker Karma EcoChic a couple of days ago. I do have a couple of problems though. First is that I can not get the glove box to open. First, I thought it might be a fuse so I checked it and it was fine. Second I thought it might be Valet Mode but the trunk still works fine. I am stuck and wondering if anyone has any ideas? I would like to get into the glove box so I can check the owner's manual inside it. Also when I go to the diagnostic screen it does not let me choose any of the items (i.e. tires). Is this normal if everything is working fine?

Thank you very much.
Look above touch screen there are 3 buttons. One has a glove symbol, press to release glove box. As for tire pressure gauge reading, I dont believe it alerts unless they are low. But no pressure reading indicators. At least I haven't seen any. Also if your screen locks/ freezing you just turn your car off for a while (sleep) and it should reset to normal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry forgot to put the most important piece of information in. I tried pressing the glove box release button to no avail. I thought that a fuse might have caused it to not work but the other two buttons (emergency flashers and door locks) still worked. Also the fuse looked fine (fuse 14). Still can't seem to figure out how to open the glove box. I'm stumped...

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Just in case, I wanted to mention that the glove box switch only works when the car on On, in either Accessory or Ready mode. If the car is off or asleep the glove box button does not function.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Sorry forgot to put the most important piece of information in. I tried pressing the glove box release button to no avail. I thought that a fuse might have caused it to not work but the other two buttons (emergency flashers and door locks) still worked. Also the fuse looked fine (fuse 14). Still can't seem to figure out how to open the glove box. I'm stumped...
@lormax et al., Is there a mechanical release for the glove box or is the electrical release the only option? I don't recall seeing anything about this in the manual.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
@lormax et al., Is there a mechanical release for the glove box or is the electrical release the only option? I don't recall seeing anything about this in the manual.

Thanks.
There isn't a mechanical release, unfortunately
There is always a mechanical release; it may not provide the cleanest results, but it will get the glove compartment open. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts