Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New Fisker Owner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago, the dashboard of my car started making weird noises - like a small motor was trying to make something happen, and when failing, it tries again. Sounds like an electric Star-Trek door is jammed and keeps trying to close - or a robot is continually trying to get through a pile of other broken robots and refuses to give up. A "rattatata" sound ends the cycle, which then repeats.

This noise continues for several minutes, scaring my children (literally, they claim the car has a Ghost) and making guests in the car stop and stare at the dashboard (which ruins any given mood).

This happens every time I start the car electronics.

From what I can only guess is related - my Air Conditioning (suddenly needed sometimes, Spring is here) ONLY comes out of the windshield vent, and refuses to switch to the normal vents. Again, my uneducated guess is that something is stuck in the HVAC vent switching unit or a gear is broken and some motor can't do what it is supposed to do, so whatever sensor tells it to switch to move keeps telling it to try over and over.

*I also believe this is leading to my needing to re-boot my car a few times every day, as it refuses to go into drive (something that wasn't happening for months, but has returned).

Anyone got any good ideas about what it could be? And what I should do to fix it?

Thanks!
VIN: 0949

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Personally, I think you have two unrelated problems. The noise comes from the motor that moves the "curtain" that decides where to blow air. It has lost it's stops and will tear the curtain. So, the dash has to come out and you'll need a new HVAC unit.
The refusing to go into drive I think, is an unrelated separate issue. You'll need to take your car to a CSP.

·
New Fisker Owner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I'll check with a CSP as suggested and see how far I get.

Still love my car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts