Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to add my Karma to our master Sirius account as a new receiver and discovered that the Sirius ID on my Karma was not a valid id. I contacted Fisker customer care who got Sirius to update their database and Surprise: I have a 90-day trial subscription that started on the date of my car's delivery but was not working because my ID was not being recognized by Fisker. So if you are not getting Sirius, make sure your Sirius ID is in Sirius' database and contact Fisker if it is not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I had no luck in getting the trial subscription recognized by Sirus and had to add it to my existing account.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Did not have an issue adding the Sirius receiver to my master account. I have had one issue that sometimes the Sirius is dead and will not play any channel. I have the same intermittent issue with my BMW so I live with it, for now.

-jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
I have Sirius on 3 of my vehicles and they are all connected with my first (10 E350) the master. No problems at all. After my 3 month "preview", I called them and within minutes I was back up and running in my Karma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I called Sirius and they said I dont have a 90 day free trial. Has it been confirmed that fisker is offering this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ffcars said:
I called Sirius and they said I dont have a 90 day free trial. Has it been confirmed that fisker is offering this?
I think its the dealer that sets that up for you, not Fisker. My trial subscription started on the day I took delivery of the car and Fisker would not have known the exact date in advance to start the trial subscription.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49 Posts
My Sirius ID wasn't recognized either. I've contacted the dealer and hopefully they can get it registered so I can sign up to Sirius.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
This is the kind of lack of information that is plaguing Fisker. I have no idea if I have a trial sub and I have owned my car for a month and a half, and if I got it activated and found out I had only a month and a half of a three month trial left, I would be even more pissed.

Checked Sirius homepage with my VIN and SID, nothing in their database for my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I spoke with Fisker customer support on this and was told that Fisker does not offer a trial period with Sirius. Any trial period would be provided through the dealer. My number was provided to Sirius and I added the radio to my plan through the online account management.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49 Posts
I got my sirius working. The id wasn't registered what I had to do was:
1. Use the chat now button to talk to a person from Sirius: https://care.siriusxm.com/oemaccountauthentication_view.action
2. Then go to https://care.siriusxm.com/newaccountinformation_initialView.action#_addRadioForm=listener and register
3. Click the activate now button at the end
4. Turn on car and wait for the subscription to update.

So you don't have to contact Fisker, you can contact Sirius directly and get it working.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
My dealer is giving me my mats for free, so I would rather have that than a three month free sub to Sirius.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
musique said:
I got my sirius working. The id wasn't registered what I had to do was:
1. Use the chat now button to talk to a person from Sirius: https://care.siriusxm.com/oemaccountauthentication_view.action
2. Then go to https://care.siriusxm.com/newaccountinformation_initialView.action#_addRadioForm=listener and register
3. Click the activate now button at the end
4. Turn on car and wait for the subscription to update.

So you don't have to contact Fisker, you can contact Sirius directly and get it working.
We already have Sirius on our other car and I tried registering the ID on the website first, but Sirius was not recognizing the Sirius ID as a valid device. After Fisker support got involved, I did the same thing and it worked.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49 Posts
Fabulist said:
musique said:
I got my sirius working. The id wasn't registered what I had to do was:
1. Use the chat now button to talk to a person from Sirius: https://care.siriusxm.com/oemaccountauthentication_view.action
2. Then go to https://care.siriusxm.com/newaccountinformation_initialView.action#_addRadioForm=listener and register
3. Click the activate now button at the end
4. Turn on car and wait for the subscription to update.

So you don't have to contact Fisker, you can contact Sirius directly and get it working.
We already have Sirius on our other car and I tried registering the ID on the website first, but Sirius was not recognizing the Sirius ID as a valid device. After Fisker support got involved, I did the same thing and it worked.
I think you can try contacting Sirius directly and they can add the id for you. At least for me I could use their online chat and the guy added mine to their database.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
My 2012 had Sirius initially, but never used it. Preferred my iPod, but that is no longer working so I'm looking to subscribe. Radio receives Sirius channel, but seems to be mostly advertising to subscribe. Called them and they said I needed my Radio's ID.


Can anyone please tell me how/where to find the ID.
 

·
Liked, but not well liked
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
My 2012 had Sirius initially, but never used it. Preferred my iPod, but that is no longer working so I'm looking to subscribe. Radio receives Sirius channel, but seems to be mostly advertising to subscribe. Called them and they said I needed my Radio's ID.


Can anyone please tell me how/where to find the ID.
I think if you tune to channel 0 it shows the id
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another option is to subscribe to the streaming option and use their smart phone app to listen on your mobile phone, which you can then connect to your Fisker sound system via Bluetooth. That way, you can listen to SiriusXM anywhere, not just in the Fisker, and the sound quality of the BT is excellent. Just FYI
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top